Vintage Trailride

Started by Paul Danik, November 03, 2005, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

I recieved a notice from John Przybylski, President of the CT Ramblers M/C club. The CT Ramblers are hosting a Vintage Trailride and Scrambles in Somers, CT. on November 6, 2005, that is this Sunday!!!!

Open trailriding in the morning and competive events in the afternoon.  Sign up at 7AM, trailriding starts at 9 AM, compitition at 1PM.

You can call John at 860-306-2801 or email at [email protected]  

Paul

PS  I just talked to John and he said to mention that this event is on private property and NO licence is required.  AMA membership is required as they have a sanction to be able to get the insurance.

Jeff D

Somers,CT is my hometown and there used to be tons of great riding around there!  Lots of it has been taken over by housing developments, etc., but there is still plenty of good riding to be had if you know where to look...and the locals know!  Won't make it back from Kansas City to ride this weekend, so I'll have to go vintage mx-ing here.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Rain Man

Thanks for the heads up on this one Paul, vintage dirt rides are few and far betweenn up here in New England.  I hope all the local Poggers show some  support for this vintage rally and also help represent our Group. [8D]  

Ride em dont hide em !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Paul Danik

Raymond,

I talked up the ride at last nights POG meeting and hopefully next year we can get a few guys together to make the trip, probably about 550 miles from my place but that is a wonderful place to visit and the ride will be a bonus.  John is going to let me know the dates for next years ride as soon as they get the date selected.

Interesting note about the name of John's company, Highpoint Heating and Cooling.  He and his partner went to their attorney when they formed their company with another company name already selected, turns out someone already had that name, John was quite familier with the Highpoint name from his motorcycle riding so Highpoint Cooling and Heating was born!  I told that story at last nights POG meeting and Mr. Penton really got a kick out of it.

Paul

idiotboy

This ride is about ten minutes from my house.If they put it on at the same location next year and any of you guys from far away needs a place to crash, I've got a spare bedroom and a comfy couch.

Jeff D

If the run takes you through any of the state forests up there, watch your speed.  At one of the recent enduros up there, the DEP was running radar way out in the boonies on a dirt road and tagged a few riders.  Read this a month or so ago in Trail Rider.  I managed a few of my own "escapes" from the DEP 30 years ago in my youth, but only due to "back of my hand" knowledge of the local trails!

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell

Rain Man

Hi Jeff, One of my riding buddies got a warning for going over the posted speed limit during a sanctioned NETRA Enduro this summer.
  Just some more unwarranted stress on race day I guess... ? So much for trying to make up for time lost in the technical sections. :(
  Injuries are forcing my hand this year for this scramble,so Im not gonna flap my yappa,  but I still do have a couple of cards up my sleeve ...

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rocketman

I attended with my 73 Six-Days.  It was great. There were about 70 entries and only about 20 guys (over 55 yrs old) rode modern bikes.  Many Ossas and Bultacos.  I saw Puch. M-Z , Husqvarna, Yankee-Z,  Hercules Can-Am Maico and of course Pentons. Probably 8 Pentons in all.  The course was about 8 miles in mostly mature oak forest with a few grass track sections.  Very vintage friendly stuff.  There was a hare scramble at 12:30 that about 15 bikes in each class.  Pre-75,  76-85, and over 55 yrs old on any bike they wanted. The Ramblers are already talking about next year.

Lord, please let me be more like the person my dog thinks I am.
72 Six-Days

Rain Man

Ya baby !  and I had a blast running over the numerous pumpkins all over the course !!  Puts a whole new spin on the idea of smashing pumpkins :D
 There was a  good turnout of Poggers there, and my hats off to John Przbylski and the CT. Ramblers,  Very well done gentlemen.
 Thanks you , and I'm looking forward to next year ,
 dont fergit the pumpkins too !!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rain Man

BTW, Some fella on a Katoom won,  Couldn't really tell when he passed me in the corn field @ 70shhshh mph, but i think it may of been a 490 !
 Ya I got lapped

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Rocketman

I bet it was the 83 KTM 250  MXC.

Lord, please let me be more like the person my dog thinks I am.
72 Six-Days

Paul Danik

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the update on the event, it sounds like it was a great success and a lot of fun.

Thanks also to the CT Ramblers for putting on the event.

Paul