Mid-Ohio news release

Started by Paul Danik, November 29, 2005, 07:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

You motocross guys might find this interesting.

The following release is from the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course...

In keeping with its reputation as America's most competitive road course, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course is currently undergoing extensive capital improvements in preparation for its seven-event 2006 season.

Among the improvements will be a complete track and pit lane resurfacing, and the creation of a connector in the track's famed Keyhole section. Also included in the project will be the removal of concrete patches from the track, the relocation of the wall and guardrail at turn one, the expansion of gravel traps at the exits of turn one and the Keyhole, the replacement of all remaining old-style catch-fencing, and the standardization of curbing throughout the circuit.

TrueSports, Inc., has made continuous improvements to the renowned 2.4-mile, 15-turn Mid-Ohio circuit over its 44-year history, including recent surface repairs, wall relocations and gravel trap upgrades. In addition to enhancing performance and safety, these newest improvements will give the track three road course configurations, new timing loops, additional capacity and flexibility for its track and driving school operations, a complete amateur motocross venue, and a wider range of events and activities for fans.

Among the other off-season improvements taking place at Mid-Ohio is the completion of an on-site motocross facility. The existing motocross venue will receive a number of upgrades in order to host American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and manufacturer events.

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Paul Danik

You motocross guys might find this interesting.

The following release is from the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course...

In keeping with its reputation as America's most competitive road course, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course is currently undergoing extensive capital improvements in preparation for its seven-event 2006 season.

Among the improvements will be a complete track and pit lane resurfacing, and the creation of a connector in the track's famed Keyhole section. Also included in the project will be the removal of concrete patches from the track, the relocation of the wall and guardrail at turn one, the expansion of gravel traps at the exits of turn one and the Keyhole, the replacement of all remaining old-style catch-fencing, and the standardization of curbing throughout the circuit.

TrueSports, Inc., has made continuous improvements to the renowned 2.4-mile, 15-turn Mid-Ohio circuit over its 44-year history, including recent surface repairs, wall relocations and gravel trap upgrades. In addition to enhancing performance and safety, these newest improvements will give the track three road course configurations, new timing loops, additional capacity and flexibility for its track and driving school operations, a complete amateur motocross venue, and a wider range of events and activities for fans.

Among the other off-season improvements taking place at Mid-Ohio is the completion of an on-site motocross facility. The existing motocross venue will receive a number of upgrades in order to host American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and manufacturer events.

New MX track???Would be interesting to see.
Speedy------>>>>>>>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A
Hercules 250-7A
Zuendapp 125 GS
KTM 200 EXC 2003
KTM DUKE 96 Spec.
KTM Adventure 02

Glenn Berry

Does anyone know why the dates went to the last weekend in July this year and if it is going to stay this weekend ?  Thanks

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

tlanders

Stink!!! They are going to take a great vintage friendly grass track and turn it into a whoopty/jumpty/triple-crash stupid cross course. Sorry, I love grass tracks and hate quadruple jumps.

Teddy

Kip Kern

The dates were moved to stay in tune with the super bike stuff/weekend.

hanksie

Teddy,I think what Mid-Ohio is doing is putting in a modern M-X track for the young guys.Having helped with track lay-out the last 2 yrs,I am sure course boss Corky will route us around the big stuff. Bill Hanks

tlanders

Thanks Bill. I had a long talk with Corky last fall about the MX tracks we were having to race on in AHRMA. He was lamenting the fact that there are no good grass or natural terrain tracks left in the series. We always have to race at modern tracks and try to skirt the doubles, triples, whoops, etc. Curtis Harpers track in Kansas City is great. Natural terrain, it's his fathers farm, up and down a steep hill with trees on both sides, a couple bowl 180 degree turns, a couple table top jumps, a couple high speed straight line low altitude jumps, good long straights, wide enough to pass in hte corners and lots of flat corners. It is so much fun to ride there.

Thanks for your help in laying out the tracks.

Teddy

hanksie

Teddy,Harpers sounds like fun.I agree,the grass tracks are going away.Gratten used to be one of my favorites,along with Casey.Just got the 06 Mid-Ohio flyer in the mail.In the aerial poster they sell,you can see a portion of the new M-X track.Have heard rumors of a AMA National there some day.Personaly,I think a AHRMA C.C. in the woods there would be a blast! Bill