1976 ktm mc5 125 need bing carb

Started by mxearl, December 27, 2005, 05:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mxearl

mxearl member for 2 weeks.need bing carb. #84/32/111.need air filter boot for this carb.also parts manual indicates 250&400 uses same boot.very close to being ready for 2006 racing season.

earl m dempsey
earl m dempsey

wolfmanonapenton

Hi' Earl"Go find a 32mm bing 84 off a Canam 175 Qualifyer76-80 this is a perfect carb for any 76-77 125-175 penton some even have lever side choke via like mikuni,jetting would be probaly a 30-40 pilot main about a 140-145 maybe a150 if you have a souped up motor and a pipe that breathes! needle just start in the middle a 4 0r a 5 will work just start in the middle,usally I start one below middle better to be rich than lean, if you have to back air screw out more than 2turns from stop your slide or your piolet are off not to mention possible size off on your needle jet,try 1 up or below from where it runs best before changing needljet? needlejet should be a 270,272,273,276,280, more than likely you will get by with the 272-276,or the old # 273 depends on slide needle taper and # of settings,you can find a 30mm twin cable top off a 72-75 jackpiner inner choke slide spring cable and top will work on the newwer carb if you drill bottom of the newwer leaner slide of the 84,makes for easier starting and helps on richining on cold days,good for drag racin too!Don't have to worry about seiziner up as much!Older Jackpiner carb will work too!Excellent start to jet down from?Just get you a machinist to machine an aluminum spacer via like maico?I beleave a maico bing spacer will work to convert from female clamp to male spigot convert? then iff you had a gem reed induction with the rubber style mikuni adapter you would be set but should put two dime size windows in  mid intake side of your piston skirt,shaving a little off bottom back skirt helpser a little bit too!as for air boot,if you can't find one go to a hwi hardware and get a black rubber sewwer pipe coupler ther in different sizes and ODs so I know you can find something there that will work,very stiff rubber you may have to put things together imethod of mounting air box last but will work for 8.00-16.00 dollars you may have to trimm as well as for rubber piece on back of carb,bing has them there a Bmw pat and they reproduce them you may have to build up the OD of the intake spigot on the back of you're carb,if you ran a Lectron or a Mikuni of NEW there bells are the same size some older mikunis are smaller rear bell intake types?Get you some good stainless clamps too whike at hardware there half the cost but don't offer the quik unclamping as the original thin ones that you could loosen abit and just pop tops and remove easier?Make sure both petcocks are clean and your gas cap vent is working well,vapor lock can confuse you in jetting,!Hope all this B.S. helps you?I like to see the small bore early KTMSGet out there!Lots of pistons out there for your motor!WOLFFEE,BOB!;)

mxearl

Wolffee,bob!.....thanks for the carb. info.I printed this so i can digest the information a little at a time. I have a drawer full of the rubber sewer pipe connectors. have used them before and they work fine......thanks again [email protected]

earl m dempsey
earl m dempsey