Exercise in Futility

Started by Keithuu, November 22, 2005, 11:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keithuu

I know this is truly "spittin' in the wind", but I just want to let all know that I'm in the market for( SURPRISE!) a Penton. I'd like an Enduro model, 250 or 400, since I'm a full-size adult (ahem!!) for general enjoyment and possible ISDTRR participation.

I'd like a nice, complete unit but not a museum piece. After all, bikes were made to ride, weren't they? I wouldn't mind a project, but skill limitations and a full schedule of other projects make that approach not feasible at this time.

I currently ride (and maintain) an '01 300 EXC and a '98 620RXCe (aka, "The Beast"). Keeping a couple of small Hondas (XR70, XR100) running for the grandkids also consumes most of any spare time I come across.

I'm aware that these bikes don't pop up every day but if one of you folks feels the need to thin the herd, please let me know before the usual feeding frenzy starts.

I'm in SE Michigan, but I'm not afraid to travel for the right scoot.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all,

Keithuu
Keithuu

rich allison

Don't know if your interested but I have a 74 Jackpiner. It is an enduro. Rode about 80 miles of trails 2 weeks ago,it ran super. I am located in central Ohio.

Rich Allison
Rich

p3mn256

hi rich i'm in westerville ohio  i'm in the market also what do you have ??

steve barber
steve barber

rich allison

I have a 74 1/2 Piner w/ light kit, small front headlight very good shape, new tires. Runs very good had some problems starting when bike was hot, saw post about stator bolts being corroded and they were loose and this fixed the problem. I have a 72 6-day and 76 herc. and 125 jawa. Would like to buy something Post Vintage.

Rich Allison
Rich

rob w

Hi Keith,

I know where there's one hiding not too far from you. (100 mi. NW of Motown)
'74 Hare Scrambler
I'll be contacting you.

Bob W

john durrill

Rich, is the 76 herc a 175/6?
John D.

hanksie

Rich,I got a buddy that would be interested in your Piner.I think we are about 20 mi. south of you(Dover).What are you looking for PV wise?My E-Mail is [email protected].  Thanks,Bill

rich allison

Bill I live over in Millersburg, my cell phone # is 330 231 7836 give me a call anytime.

Rich Allison
Rich

thrownchain

Hey guys did any of these bikes change hands??? Are any of them still available?[^]

Keithuu

Good morning, guys;

Just letting you know that this exercise in futilty really wasn't futile after all. I received several responses from POGGERS, all of which were tempting, and finally decided on a real beauty (at least to me) of a '75 250 Enduro, requiring only minor work to complete.

The bike came from a well-known POGGER who obviously spent more on the bike than he got out of it - bless his little heart.:D

I plan to have the scoot running by the time the snow melts and have it thoroughly "de-bugged" in time for the ISDTRR.

Hope to see all at the Annual Meeting in Feb.

Happy Holidays,

Keithuu
Keithuu