Sachs radial head for cast iron cylinder 125cc

Started by t20sl, December 21, 2005, 06:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

Would like to find a nice radial fin head that has same contour as cast iron cylinder.  For a 125cc steel tanker.  Someone in Europe have them but shipping is 4x price of head.  Thanks, Ted

sixdazed

i think the puch radial head may work, but as usual i have so much going in and out of the noggin i may have this backwards.i'd check with doug wilford as we discussed this not long ago but i've slept since then so the answer i could give you would be a bad guess.check with doug,he'll know for sure!   Merry Christmas, Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Lew Mayer

A Puch high compression head works but it is larger than the cylinder.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Rain Man

Hi T20sl,  I think I have one of those heads, there much smaller than the porky pine ones right ??

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

t20sl

Raymond:  Yes they are much smaller.  Can you email a picture?  They are also slightly taller at the front than at the rear.  Puch head is different, I had one but sold it as it was not correct to fit cylinder profile. I have several of the large aluminum cylinder heads if you need one.  Thanks, Ted  [email protected]

Paul Danik

If you go to the photo gallery and look at the pictures from the 2005 POG/KTM display pictures # 9 & 16 are the Puch head and pictures # 12,19 & 20 are the Sachs head.  
Paul

Rain Man

Hi Ted, I found the head I thought was for a Sachs cast iron barrel, but its not. It has 6 head bolt holes in it.
 I'm not sure what it fits, but it does have a big M with an insigna of sorts on it ??
 Good Luck with your search.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons