New to KTM

Started by cag33, December 27, 2005, 01:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cag33

I recently bought a 78MC5 400 and would like to know where to find a few parts. Owners manual, clutch plates, longer shifter, MC5 sidepanel stickers. Does anyone sell a longer footpeg for the left side, I cant get more half a boot on the peg? Thanks Chris

tomale

Hi Chris, and welcome to the finest place on the web. No kidding this is the place to be. To answere your question, if you look on the homepage there is a listing of Suppliers. click on that and you will find a number of very fine dealers that can help you with just about anything you could ever hope for. Contrary to what some might think.... the aquiring of parts in my opinion is actually easier now than it was back in the day, at least here on the west coast. I know I was there. I had looked long and hard just to get a repair manual or even a cheat sheet on important information and had nothing but trouble. Not so any more. There are lots of great people here and they are more than willing to help in anyway they can.
Your 78 MC5 is a very fine bike, the roots of this bike are securely established in all this Penton. The first two years of this model still carried the Penton name on the Tank. Because of this getting parts for your bike is quite easy. Some things remain difficult but with the web there is little that can not be had if one is willing to look.
once again welcome to the best place on the web.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tomale

Hi Chris, and welcome to the finest place on the web. No kidding this is the place to be. To answere your question, if you look on the homepage there is a listing of Suppliers. click on that and you will find a number of very fine dealers that can help you with just about anything you could ever hope for. Contrary to what some might think.... the aquiring of parts in my opinion is actually easier now than it was back in the day, at least here on the west coast. I know I was there. I had looked long and hard just to get a repair manual or even a cheat sheet on important information and had nothing but trouble. Not so any more. There are lots of great people here and they are more than willing to help in anyway they can.
Your 78 MC5 is a very fine bike, the roots of this bike are securely established in all this Penton. The first two years of this model still carried the Penton name on the Tank. Because of this getting parts for your bike is quite easy. Some things remain difficult but with the web there is little that can not be had if one is willing to look.
once again welcome to the best place on the web.

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
78' 400 MC5
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W