Mid-Ohio

Started by Doug Wilford, July 15, 2001, 08:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Wilford

The weather was perfect and the POG Display was well attended.    Thanks to all that made it such a great week-end. There was lots of trading going on all week-end and a excellent Sat. night picnic.  For the unfortunate ones.  We missed you and hope to see you next time.

Kip Kern

I have to totally agree, Mid Ohio was awesome this year!  And yes, I will now use the Sachs tranny adjuster since I and others were able to receive tutoring from Doug W. and Dane L. on it's proper use!  Thanks Again!

Rocket

I totally agree with what Kip and Doug have to say.  I want to thank them, Al B., and Paul Danik for the hospitality and making me feel a part of the Penton group.  I met a lot of nice people and hope to see all of you again.  Great sight and a great bunch of people.  I also enjoyed the trans adjusting procedure.  Looking forward to the reunion in Missouri.
thanks
Rod Gorzny  (Rocket)

Dennis Jones

I too had a great time at Mid-Ohio. Following  Paul Danik and his Saracen on my Wassell for a loop at the trial was indeed a highlight.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Paul Danik

Dennis sure rides that Wassell quite well. I saw that Mio-Ohio had a booth selling leftover items from the previous years. There were NO leftovers from last year when Penton was featured mark and John was the Grand Marshall.There was lots of stuff from the other years, what does that tell you!! Thanks to everyone for a great time.  Paul

Larry Perkins

Mid-Ohio is definitely The Show as far as swap meets, racing, and Pentons.  The deals-the steals. The best part for me was getting to see the face of all the great people I have dealt with on the phone and the computer where not even a voice is there to help build whatever mental picture our mind searches for.  It was GREAT!  Of course winning a National helps keep a rosie perspective.  Pentons did a lot of slaying at the MX on Sunday.  I will give you guys more info on all the big Penton winners after I talk to David Boydston today.  The synopsis is:  We kicked butt!  I wish I had been in on the shifting adjustment lesson though I have the whole shifting adjustment thing wired.  I send it to the man-Doug Wilford who is in the biz of making your Sachs tick now, in case you have not heard.  Many thanks to you Doug for all your mechanical help in helping Jesse to a fourth in 125 Classic Novice.  Also big thanks to Paul Danik in his carb help on the same efforts.  Later I want to share with you guys a great Danik story.  It is great to see Paul and Chad enjoy the sport of Paul's youth.  If you have kids and have ever raced think about what Vintage has done.  It has opened a time portal that for a short period  can make you 17 years old again.  This time portal can also allow your child at 17 years old the ability to go back to 1974 and feel a little bit what it was like to dirtbike before long travel watercooled disc braked motorcycles came into the world.  Ain't life grand?  Thanks and blessings to all in Pentonia.

Mike Lenz

Also lets thank metalfab for all his goodies. Its hard to believe all things are becoming available! And Allen for helping it all come to this. And Kip, for you know what. And The Penton Man for his main jet. Larry, I got third! And to John fisher and everyone else for some badly needed parts. I had a great time!

tlanders

I also agree -IT WAS GREAT!!! I also second Larry's comments about sharing the fun of yesteryear with your son. I got to be with my 21 year old son Alex for a brief time this summer before he went back to school. During that time we entered three vintage motorcycle races (Moberly, Niangua, Mid Ohio) and played three soccer matches together. WHAT FUN!!!!

Teddy Landers