72 125 Six Days Questions

Started by stoo_man, August 06, 2001, 10:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoo_man

Removed the motor Sunday and took the covers off. Does anyone know the relationship between the clutch pushrod and the clutch actuator in the case cover? It would appear that mine was out of adjustment and the actuator assemble burnished the end of the clutch pushrod. While I'm here, can one use a  6B engine in place of a 6A? And are there any resources on the web or otherwise where I can get an exploded view of the engine? Obviously I'm having fun with this one...Regards SD

Doug Wilford

The pressure plate (the part that is not on the cover) and the actuator (the part on the cover) are supposed to be adjusted so there is slight contact with each other.  You can use a 6B in place of a 6A, all the early Sachs used the same case engine mount configuration.   While you are here, click on Penton Parts.   Al Buehner and Larry Perkins can sell you copies of the parts and engine manuals.  The clutch is the easy part. Once you get them freed up. Sounds like you should probably put in new clutch plates, the cause of the past owner over adjusting, maybe>