Alternative Light Switch...

Started by DKWRACER, January 11, 2006, 06:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Hi Poggers! Was trying to figure out a switch assy for my new GS and realized I have no switch for controlling the high /low beam and the kill function...A trip to my favorite Bultaco nemesis' shop yielded yet another surprise! Itsa handlebar switch assy mounted on the LH side and has all the wires for hi/low/off and kill, the kill is two wire to maintain the ground. tis 20mm wide and clamps fully around the bar.

http://www.peakmoto.com/item.html;$sessionid$XQA0DYAAAAGRNTZENUFHBMWPERWRJPX0?UCIDs=1077081%7C1087185&PRID=1318771

Adios for now...Tom...[8D]

Thomas Brosius

Big Mac

Bought and installed one of these on my '77 GS6 last summer and it works very well! Don't expect much for $20...it's light plastic and tends to twist on the handlebars every time you dab at the kill switch...but gets the job done and looks pretty clean.

Should be a link on supplier page for benefit of the enduro guys.

Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Kip Kern

Speaking of light switches, if you want an almost perfect replacement for the "push/pull" switch on your small six day headlamp, buy a 2002 KTM switch for the EXC models.  They are the same except for having a black knob instead of a white one!  Also, if you need a gray plastic vent tube that threads into the ignition cover on your 74 up KTM engine, the same year EXC has those on the fuel line where it connects to the frame!

Dennis Jones

Thanks for the info Kip. My steel tanker I'm restoring has a white knob push/pull switch on it. I didn't realize that was correct, it looks so cheesy I thought someone had added it. Have you done the Pathfinder yet? (Still kicking myself)

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Kip Kern

Dennis

Working on her off and on while doing engines/bikes for other folks.  Still need original # plates and tank decals, tried the UK but no answer yet:(