Spray paint

Started by don howard, January 20, 2006, 09:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don howard

Hi Guys .I was wondering if anybody has ever tried repainting a Preston Petty plastic fenders? Got some that are faded, dry black chaulky color?   thanks for any info.  Don Howard

hrbay

Hey Don, if you have a spray setup you might try some gloss clear activated urethane, but I would not expext a dynamite result. The chaulk is dead plastic, and all you would be doing is trying to hold it to the rest of the fender.

GC
GC

wolfmanonapenton

Hey try some KRYLON Fussion plastic paint,its in colors at walmart,wiper down with aceatone first!;)

Mick Milakovic

I have also tried the Fusion paint, and it works really well.

Mick

Rain Man

oh oh Don, you've discovered our  secret [8D]  I've been turning cruddy old PP fenders into brand new looking ones for awhile now!!   Wolfie baby has it right, fusion paint at Wal mart,  Higly recommend a+

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

sixdazed

Hi All!Just to add some conFUSION to the fusion-auto parts stores(pep boys-ask for manny,moe ,or jack!)sell a adhesion promotor made by bulldog.i've used this under the fusion krylon for that extra bit of piece of mind-actually as an experiment-first s100 to clean up,then soapy wash and totally rinse and dried.used bulldog spray,and finally the krylon fusion.total disclaimer here but i can say that it worked on the one fender i did that way-puckerbushes and mesquite at speed did not phase it-so far so good!looks ok too.that bikes gone now, but i'm going to do up a set of preston pettys myself and will try this method again and if any probs i will inform you. Cheers!, Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

don howard

Thanks Guy,s   for the info on the Krylon paint will try it out. You guy,s are the best.   Don Howard

Chakka

After buying some Fusion paint and reading this thread I picked up a Preston Petty on Ebay. It has tiny chalky areas but is really good shape otherwise. What are you guys doing to clean up the chalky areas? I thought about a light coating of epoxy and a light sanding to blend it before paint. Anyone had any luck removing the chalk without reducing the fender to a spotty mess?
Chakka