Penton cylinder porting

Started by Lee Brown, January 18, 2006, 12:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Brown

Was wondering if any pogers out there have tried the porting specs by karl Cranke on a 250 motor or any other motors feed back would be great thx Lee....

Gavin Housh

J.P. Morgen of Morgen machine Has done That to a 250 motor and also built the Cranke pipe to go with it. He has done Teddy Landers 400 also. While he has the cylinder he also likes to put a reed on them coupled with a Mikuni carb. These bikes are rocket ships before you port them. I had a  75 250 and sold it because for me it was not fun for vintage MX. Struck me more as a cross country bike. I just ride the 125's now and J.P. after owning and racing four of the five sizes of vintage Pentons is now riding a 125 also. He can be reached at (415)822-1315. Leave a very short message, his machine cuts you off. I'll never forget J.P. smoking Falta, lackey, and Grossi in the first moto at the Sears Point AHRMA national some years back. He was riding a 400 Penton! Other people that rode the bike said it had incredible power. Gavin

tlanders

J.P. has done two 360cc Penton engines for me. The second one is even more incredible than the first. I'm putting a Lectron carb on the first one that I have in the MC80 frame as it is legal in AHRMA to Lectrons on Post Vintage bikes. I put a 39.2mm ProFlo Mikuni on the vintage bike. I think I need to put training wheels on it since the front wheel is never on the ground!!!

Teddy