York,Pa swap meet

Started by Bob Seymour, January 16, 2006, 11:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Seymour

Can anybody give a little more info on that swap meet thats coming up in York, Pa?  Is it all vintage? How big is it and where at in York?  Is it worthwhile to checkout regarding Penton/KTM and other makes?                          Thanks, Bob

3putt

For information go to website,  //www.potomacvintageriders.com
I hope to be there,   Regards,     Nelson

Nelson

Paul Danik

Bob,
      I have always enjoyed this swapmeet. I would say that it is mostly vintage, there are two buildings of vendors, plus some guys sell out of their truck in the parking lot. As far as what you may find, you never know, and that is part of what keeps me going back.

If you go be sure to look me up, booth 51.
Paul

Lew Mayer

Hope to see you there Nelson. Bob, you never know what or how much will be there. Sometimes are better than others but I never miss it. Potomac Vintage riders are a great club and I'm always glad to support them. They saved the York swap meet when the AMA and Will Stoner pulled out.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

checkcrew

York swapmeet has been great for the last 5 years that i have gone, in the past i met and spoke with Mert Lawill, Jim Pomeroy, Gary Nixon, Brad Lackey would have been there 2 years back but bad weather showed up, January will do that, i spoke to Al B. today and he says if the weather holds up he should be there, it's a great swapmeet and my hats off to the PVR club for keeping it alive !!! Sunday can't get here soon enough, thanks all, Mike Gallagher from NJ.

73 Jackpiner, 73 Six Day
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Glenn Berry

Potomac Vintage Riders put on a excellent swapmeet. You never know what is going to show up but always have been a verity of parts and bikes. The club also hosts Vintage trials, motocross, cross-country events,and apoker run for vintage road bikes. The show is a good time and a chance to support a super club.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

Bob Seymour

Thanks all for all the swap meet info. Is there any place in particular at the meet where guys of the Penton/KTM persuasion plan on congregating. If I can get a chance to go this Sunday it would be great to touch base

checkcrew

Bob, if the weather holds out Al B. should be there and Paul Danik will be at booth 51, i will be wearing my 05 Jackpiner shirt {big ugly guy almost 50 - not to many of those - hell we all look the same -LOL-}, hope to see ya all there !!!

Mike Gallagher -          73 Jackpiner, 73 Six Day
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Glenn Berry

Mike, There are alot of us that can't say almost 50 anymore. I am sure there will be alot of Penton hat and tee shirt wearing guys around.

Glenn Berry
Glenn Berry

Paul Danik

I just talked to Alan Buehner and he says he is for sure going to set up at York this weekend as their April event is cancelled. Should be fun:D
Paul

Bob Gilman

First of all, Thanks for all the compliments to our club.We should have a "full House" of vendors and hopefully you'll find that treasure your looking for. They say the weather is going to be good for this time of year.

If you see this grey curly haired guy walking around (almost 70) with a KTM jacket with a Penton Owners Group patch on it and a PVR shirt underneath that would be me, Bob Gilman, just say Hello.

See ya there. Bob.

Lew Mayer

Are you bringing any of your treasures Bob?
See you there.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer