penton history

Started by backkraker, January 26, 2006, 01:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backkraker

Is there a web site to see all the bikes that were produced under the penton name. I'm interested in vintage racing, live near springfield mass and I'm trying to decide what kind of racing/riding to do? One thing I know for sure is I want to do it on a Penton!!!!

Thanks, for any help

Joe

TGTech

If you check out the various pages on this site, I think that you'll find out most of what you're looking for. If you don't, just wait and see if the members start feeding you information.

OUCWBOY

This brings up a very good point. I am sure that throughout the membership that we have enough photos of each and every model of Penton ever produced. Anyone ever thought of making a photo page by year and model??
In the mean time, folks can go to:
http://web.tiscali.it/ktm70pages/
and look at all the early KTM history and they even have a Penton Section.

OK, I just went to the site and didn't get it loaded. Has anyone else had that problem or maybe they are just having some web site problems.

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Paul Danik

I would suggest going into the "Photo Gallery" section of this website and checkout the "2005 POG/KTM Day At the AMA" photos, you will see almost all, if not all, of the bikes that Penton produced. The easiest way to view those photos is to click on  "Slideshow" and just sit back and enjoy.  If you have any questions about a particular machine just ask the group about the photo using it's number and I am sure you will get all the info you may need.
Paul

checkcrew

Paul,& Donny Smith, i was able to open the site Donny put up on 70 Years of Penton, Paul , in the pic. page on Pentons if you open it, look at the 3rd. line of pics., the 4th & 6th pics. are the bike i just bought that was delivered to the York swapmeet, to all Poggers this is what i was refering to in my comment from the PVR thread a couple days ago. Donny, maybe the site was having problems but i had no problem getting it to open. Hope to see all on the 4th !!!

Mike Gallagher -          73 Jackpiner, 73 Six Day
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Rain Man

Hi Joe and welcome to the Penton Owners group web site. Just a little  info of what I know of Vintage racing and riding up here in the Northeast.  ON July 22/23 somewhere near Saratoga NY (?) theres the world Enduro championships and Speedy's  got them convinced to let us do a 40 mile loop on our Vintage bikes.[:p] I dont know all the specifics of that ride,  yet.
  Also in November  in Soemers Conn. there's a Vintage Hare scramble one of the local clubs puts on. An 8 mile loop through Pumpkin patches:D  
   Netra may be doing a  Vintage Enduro like ride here in Maine this August, thats still up in the air.
Cheers

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons