PENTONS WIN

Started by Larry Perkins, July 31, 2001, 10:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Perkins

Just back from Honda Hills where Pentons once again took more than their share of wins.  In the MX on Saturday the Daniks(Paul and Chad) had one good moto and one unfortunate one.  Paul was involved in a three bike trist and Chad had a freak mechanical.  Their other motos were good ones.  The Knudson Team did their usual kick butt and take names riding.  James, Kevin, and Gary all had excellent rides with numerous firsts only marred by a spill while avoiding a lapped rider in moto one by Kevin while enjoying a comfortable lead.  I may have missed someone aboard a Penton because I missed some of Saturdays racing.

Sunday was the Vintage Cross Country.  The forecast was Rain and guess what?  It Rained.  By parade lap time water was running down the main road like it was a creek.  Mud, ruts and tree roots are a bad combo.  It is hard to keep the shiny side up when there is no shiny side.

Pentons are tough and so are Penton riders.  Chad Danik and I scored wins and Spencer Ballentyne and Kirk Sessions snagged seconds.  If anyone was left out it was not intentional just oversight.  

Next Vintage Cross Country is Kentucky in two weeks and two weeks later MX and Cross Country are in Michigan.  Hope to see some of you there.