Penton Day annual meeting

Started by Paul Danik, January 14, 2006, 07:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

The POG will be having it's fifth annual Penton Day at the AMA meeting on Saturday Feb. 4, 2006 at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum in Pickerington, Ohio.  The museum opens at 9am and the business meeting will get underway at 10. Several new and interesting events will take place at this years event.

Ed Youngblood will be leading a tour of the Motocross America exhibit for which he served as curator. This exhibit and tour is worth the trip in itself.

A roundtable discussion of the glory days of the Penton Sportcycle will take place with many of the Penton Pioneers on hand to answer your questions about those exciting and historic days. Penton Pioneers planning to attend are, John and Jack Penton, Doug Wilford, Dane Leimbach, AL Born, Texan Richard Sanders who was the largest Penton dealer in the nation, Dave Mungenast ISDT rider and Penton dealer, and Matt Weisman who created most all of the Penton literature and did their advertising.  We are extreamly fortunate to have these gentleman all as members of our group, what other owners group is lucky enough to have as members the people who actually made it happen?

The MC-5 is the POG's Bike of the Year and the MC-5 commerative shirts will be hot from the printers and ready for autographs.

Please feel free to bring your Penton or Pentons to put on display in the Museum's parking area.  We are looking to showcase the MC-5 machines but all Pentons are welcome and appreciated.

Lunch will be provided and POG membership is not required to attend.  Word has it that a very special desert is being created for this meeting.

Rocket

Paul
Looking forward to seeing you again and all the rest.  The MX display is awesome.  Can I bring my 78 MC5, not a Penton, but close?
Rocket

Paul Danik

Rod,
  Please do, what's a year amoungst friends:D
Paul

Doug Wilford

The February meeting is going to be another of POGs look into the past.   For sure a don't miss opportunity, to meet, see, hear, John Penton and even get his autograph.   Hope to see you-all there.

rob w

Thank you Paul & Doug.

At the '05 Day at the AMA, as well as VMD. I noticed more bikes having information cards on them, identifying the model, year, owner and other detailed info.
 Is something that the owners were responsible for doing ?

Thanks,
BobW

Paul Danik

Bob,
  I am glad that you mentioned those cards.  They were the brain child of Gary Roach and I think John Borer took care of having them printed.  We also used them at the Penton/KTM display that we did for the KTM dealer meeting in August.  I need to find out where those cards are stored.
Thanks for reminding me!
Paul

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Paul Danik

The POG will be having it's fifth annual Penton Day at the AMA meeting on Saturday Feb. 4, 2006 at the Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum in Pickerington, Ohio.  The museum opens at 9am and the business meeting will get underway at 10. Several new and interesting events will take place at this years event.

Ed Youngblood will be leading a tour of the Motocross America exhibit for which he served as curator. This exhibit and tour is worth the trip in itself.

A roundtable discussion of the glory days of the Penton Sportcycle will take place with many of the Penton Pioneers on hand to answer your questions about those exciting and historic days. Penton Pioneers planning to attend are, John and Jack Penton, Doug Wilford, Dane Leimbach, AL Born, Texan Richard Sanders who was the largest Penton dealer in the nation, Dave Mungenast ISDT rider and Penton dealer, and Matt Weisman who created most all of the Penton literature and did their advertising.  We are extreamly fortunate to have these gentleman all as members of our group, what other owners group is lucky enough to have as members the people who actually made it happen?

The MC-5 is the POG's Bike of the Year and the MC-5 commerative shirts will be hot from the printers and ready for autographs.

Please feel free to bring your Penton or Pentons to put on display in the Museum's parking area.  We are looking to showcase the MC-5 machines but all Pentons are welcome and appreciated.

Lunch will be provided and POG membership is not required to attend.  Word has it that a very special desert is being created for this meeting.

PAUL,..for my GPS,...:DWhat is the precise address???
Cheers,ALZHEIMERS SPEEDY---->>>>>>>

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
http://speedy_c.tripod.com
Sachs GP-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A
Hercules 250-7A
Zuendapp 125 GS
KTM 200 EXC 2003
KTM DUKE 96 Spec.
KTM Adventure 02

Paul Danik

Speedy,

13515 Yarmouth Dr., Pickerington, Ohio  43147  

See ya soon!

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Paul Danik

Speedy,

13515 Yarmouth Dr., Pickerington, Ohio  43147  

See ya soon!

Thank you SIR PAUL.:)

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs MC-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A
Hercules 250-7A
Zuendapp 125 GS
KTM 200 EXC 2003
KTM DUKE 96 Spec.

Admin

Speedy,
Next time set that GPS to our events page--all the information is right there! [:p]

http://www.pentonusa.org/events/events.asp

See you at the meeting,
Bill

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Admin

Speedy,
Next time set that GPS to our events page--all the information is right there! [:p]

http://www.pentonusa.org/events/events.asp

See you at the meeting,
Bill

Ohhhh,shoot,...Did I mention I may change my name?????:(:([V][?]

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs MC-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A
Hercules 250-7A
Zuendapp 125 GS
KTM 200 EXC 2003
KTM DUKE 96 Spec.

Young Ted

Speedy

Quotequote:Originally posted by Young Ted

I'll suggest MUD.

What,..JOUNGSTER,...you dont like ALZHEIMER?????
I thought it would give me a acuse for making wrong turns on trails.
hmmmmm MUD???Do I realy look that bad????:(

Helmut Clasen KTM
162 Hillcrest Ave
L9H 4Y3
Dundas Ontario Canada
Ph.905-627-5349
[email protected]
Sachs MC-GS 250-7A reeds
Hercules 350-7A
Hercules 250-7A
Zuendapp 125 GS
KTM 200 EXC 2003
KTM DUKE 96 Spec.

rob w

_________
_________
_________

Gelandemeister

?

Paul Danik

The roundtable discussion with the Penton Pioneers will be captured on video by the POG film crew of Reb and Ted Guthrie. Reb and Ted's video of the POG/KTM dealer display, including some great interviews, will have it's premiere showing during our lunch break.

The roundtable discussion will provide a chance for those attending to ask questions of the group, for those not able to attend we invite you to either ask your questions in this forum or email your questions to me at [email protected]   We intend to have some interesting "props" to stimulate some stories of days gone by, but we also want your questions.  I know I want to ask how the first Penton dealers were selected, I also want Richard Sanders to explain how Amerillo, Texas was selected as the location for Penton Central, Richard has told me this story and it will be great to get it, and other items of Penton history, on record for future generations.

So if you are bashful email me your questions, or just ask it here and we will ask it for you, or better yet join us for this exciting event.

Paul