JohnnyO's 1977 250 MC5 project needs help

Started by JohnnyO, February 01, 2006, 08:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyO

All I need is a little help....could someone respond? I know that there are people out there that know the answer to my question. Here is some more info to help you out....
Head milled
Cylinder and Engine Cases Ported
Crank turbo fanned and stuffed
and
the inside of motor sprayed with black teflon.

.....Hey Tom Brosius....you sold me this pipe without a silencer, so you should know the stinger length and inside diameter of the stinger.  You have the same bike as I do.

I need help!  I have a 1977 250 MC5.  The engine is highly modified.  What size lectron carb should I use and metering rod number should I use?  Some people say 38 millimeter and some say 36 millimeter.  I cut about an inch off my intake manifold.  There is about an inch left on the manifold sleeve.  Just enough to mount a carb.  How will this affect the performance of my motor? I also need to know the inside daimeter of the silencer outlet.  I have been told 1" and 1 1/8".  What length should the silencer be?  I purchased a pipe from Tom but it did not have a silencer on it.  It was cut off.  I need to know this information to finish my bike project.
Hope you can help!
JohnnyO

Rain Man

Hi Johnny O,  I think  Terry could help you with your Lectron questions,  give him a shout he's listed under suppliers and under members also.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

Chakka

JohnnyO - Try sending an e-mail to Helmut "Speedy" Clasen. He is listed in the member directory under the nick-name "Speedy". He is a Lectron expert and is very helpfull. I had questions about putting one on my 125 and he was able to answer all my tuning questions. He is a supplier as well.

Chakka