My new addition to the stable - 1981 KTM 250 GS

Started by fasmith, February 01, 2006, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasmith

I picked up my kick-butt 1981 KTM 250 GS from Forward Air this afternoon that I had purchased from Tom Brosius.  Let me tell you.. it is in absolutely excellent shape and I love this bike.  I had a 1980 250 GS and a 1982 250 GS back in the 80s and I hate I sold those bikes, but thanks to Tom, I have been able to purchase this bike and get one more cool memory back in it's proper place.  The bike is complete and Tom did a excellent job on it.  In addition, many thanks to Tom for shipping the bike to me, I know it was not easy.. he had to remove the forks, front wheel and take to the Forward Air facility in Denver and crate.  He's a good man.  

And for those who might wonder about using Forward Air, for me on my end it was a breeze and a good price to boot. If I remember correctly (don't have the invoice right at hand) it was approximately $240 to ship from Denver to Austin.  The people at Forward Air in Austin were very helpful, helped me load the bike, and never rushed me as I uncrated it and got it in the truck. I know Tom had to do a lot of work to prep the bike and it arrived in three days without any damage whatsoever.  Many Thanks to Tom Brosius!!!

BTW .. she looks real good next to my 1977 GS6 400.  

Freddie

gthong

sounds most cool!!  I also had a 1977 GS6 400 back when they were new!!!  One reason I bought a 1974 Penton 250 last night!!

Dumb question.. is foward air  REALLY  AIR Frieght.. or just the name of a trucking company

greg

fasmith

Well I guess I really do believe they do fly from airport to airport..  the Austin Forward Air is about 2 miles from the Austin Airport and even though there was one tractor trailer there, I do believe from the website and the time to ship, that it is air freight.  I think Tom shipped it on Thursday of last week, and it arrived on Sunday, and was available for pickup on Monday, but due to work, I did not make it until today to pick it up.

Freddie

firstturn

Forward Air does both truck and air.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh