400 Mint enduro exhaust

Started by behindbars, January 22, 2006, 11:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

behindbars

Hi all. Still looking for an original pipe for my 74 1/2 Mint enduro. Also looking for an original tail light, fenders, body panels, and cables. Yes, I know that these pipes are extinct and would not be cheap... but it never hurts to beg. [:p] Please quit laughing.....I can hear you all the way over hear in Michigan! ;) I've got quite a few parts I could offer for swapping, but I would really prefer to buy the parts outright. I have a complete 3/11 Penton 250 Scrambler and a partial 3/11 Penton 250MX to offer for parts swapping as a last resort. Both bikes have the original titles. The Scramber is a low hour complete bike with a very nice original pipe and fuel tank. The lower end of the engine is excellent with a tight flywheel side main bearing and like new shiny engine internals. Absolutely zero mag rot. In fact, when I pulled the flywheel cover the metal was bright and shiny like new inside. I have the headlight assembly and the speedo and bracket as well. I also have several nice spare tanks including an MX style and 2 watermellon tanks. I would hate to scavenge parts off a really nice complete bike, but.....I really would like to rebuild the Mint with all original parts and I may well have to part out one to build another. I would also consider swapping the complete bike for NOS or excellent parts to rebuild my Mint. Sorry guys, I'm not currently looking to sell the complete 250. Will send pics of the 250's to those who may be interested. My email is [email protected]. or you can call me @ 269 683-1600 or 269 684-2608.
James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250

behindbars

Just an update on the Scrambler. The bike runs perfect and starts right up on kick one or two. The headlight and taillight both work, but the taillight looks to be a High-Point? that's mounted to a rubber flap. I also have a lot of NOS and period correct aftermarket Elsinore parts for swapping as well as quite a few spares for the Yamaha YZ250A.
James Jorgensen
Red Bud, Michigan
74 1/2 Mint Enduro
74 1/2 Mint MX
74 Scrambler 250