New 125 D model manifold available!!

Started by bildough, February 08, 2006, 11:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bildough

after not being able to find any manifold I was able to get some made. We took the mikuni manifold from Pro- Flow, which has a flat face. Then we had an insert machined to fit in the manifold and fill the 5mm gap between the cylinder face and the attachment bolts. The insert fits into the gap and also reduces the 32mm opening to match the 28mm port. Real trick and effective. The proto type was made and used in my bike and we are trying to determine the need of this insert to see if it is feasible to make a run of them. I figure if we can make 50 of them the cost would be down under $25 and the Pro Flow manifold runs $14. So what i am asking is ;what do you all think is the need for replacement manifolds for those 30 year old rubber manifolds you now have.
The other option is to machine the attachemnt areas off the cylinder and there was a reason for that 5mm offset, so that makes no sense. please let me know your interest in this.

Bill Cappel

Randy Kirkbride

Hi Bill,
Put me down for one.  Thanks for your help in making some of the Hard Parts To Find available again.

firstturn

William$$$$$,
  As Randy said thanks for the leg work....put me down for three.  Have you worked out today for Gatorback?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

bildough

Ron;
yes i am in serious training now for gatorback and the award banquet. Met with my nutitionist in the morning, my personal trainer in the afternoon and finished the day with a sixer of Shiner Bock and a fifth of Crown Royal. Buzz off you old goat!

famous vintage MX racer #62U

firstturn

William$,
  I hope you are not planning on making the Texas Race????  This is Goat Country and there may be some good ones on the track with you.

You got me with the Shiner. U dA man.  Thanks for helping the D Engine Gang.[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

RC,
Speaking of DEE engines.....man!! someone on Ebay just got a heck of a buy on a '75 6-Day in FL. It looked like a steal to me.

BobW

firstturn

Brob,
  Are you starting rumors again....someone got a neat 1968 brochure several weeks ago[:p]...or should I say two brochures if memory serves me right[:0].  I hope you have had a mild winter.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tmc3c

Man Bill that sounds like work!! What ever happened to just riding every day?Maybe this is why I am not good at golf!! Because I hate the driving range!I rather just play.Wasn't it Roger Decoster who used to take a shovel and go to a field and dig a hole and then fill it in for a work out?

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

rob w

RC,

Well while you're getting the "real thing"....I'm only getting pictures of them. [8D] ;)

Brob

firstturn

Brob,
  Yes the pictures are a lot easier to haul around than a bike that front wheel is frozen.  You scored big on the Brochures.  Congratulations.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

firstturn

You and I have made some good trades...........but I will have to think about this deal.[8]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

rob w

Omar,
Okay, you have until Mid-Ohio to think about it.....thanks, you're my HIRO. [8D]
Bob

firstturn

Brob,
 Have you found me a Hiro yet?[8D]

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh