Pet Peeves

Started by thrownchain, January 16, 2006, 05:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Anybody who runs an ad and doesn't monitor it, or give timely replies.[xx(] Ads that are run without a viable E-mail or phone number.:( If you have an item for sale and you sell it, post it so everyone knows.;)          [^]

thrownchain

I noticed that this topic has been read a couple of times.:) Anyone else have any problems or suggestions they would like to add here??[:0]

thrownchain

Hey it's me again. Another peeve, on some E-mails there is a lack of basic grammer. Some I've gotten are just one long sentence, no capitols, no punctuation, so I've got to try to pry it apart to figure out the message. On some it's easy, on others it's??????? Is the English language and letter writing a lost art???[?]

tofriedel

I have had the same thoughts for quite some time.  Maybe it is because I am getting older.

Unfortunately, it seems that with the advent of the PC and email, a lot of folks have forgotten the purpose of correct grammar and punctuation.  

What really makes little or no sense is that all PC's come equipped with spell check and grammar correction, but those same individuals haven't learned how to use these tools.  Maybe they don't know that it is available.

I tend to liken it to some people who choose to use pliers and a crescent wrench when the have a box full of Snap On Tools sitting next to them.

Tony
Tony

thrownchain

Yeah, I've noticed that you don't have to be too bright to "own" a computer, but you need to have common sense to "use" it correctly.