100 Race

Started by firstturn, March 17, 2005, 10:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Does anyone have information on the 100 race that is supposed to be some type of shoot out each year.  Seems like it is in Kansas or Missourri each year.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

AndyL

Ron,
The big 100cc shootout is on Sat May 28th on the Harpers property at Harpers Moto Guzzi (//www.harpermotoguzzi.com ).  Just outside of Kansas City, Missouri.

In addition to the 100cc races on Sat there should be a one hour hare scamble, pit bike hill climb, maybe even some organized drag racing going on.

Then on Sunday, MOVMX has a full day of racing which includes the 100cc classes again.  So you get to run the 100's on two days.

Last year racing we had Paul Stannard from Strictly Hodaka, Harry Taylor, George Cone, Jim Palmeroy and others.

Curtis Harper runs MOVMX and the Memorial Day weekend is always alot of fun. We have a Yahoo Group for MOVMX called VintageMX and the series website is //www.movmx.com, but there isnt much info on Memorial Day up yet. Go to the MOVMX site and send Curtis Harper an email and he can give you all the details.

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Mike Lenz

Ron, I am trying to make that race to ride the 100 KTM/Sachs. Its in Greenwood Mo, near Kansas City. Saterday: Mike Bell mx school, Hare scramble, Dirt Drag races, The 100cc National and a 100cc Hillclimb! Saterday is followed by a mo vintasge series mx and swop meet on sunday. Sunday will also have a 100 class. Sounds like toooo much fun doesent it. It sure would be great to see you there. I have one problem. My 8th graders graduation so Im not sure I will be there at this point.

Mike Lenz

The only contact info I could find in the Newsleter is:
Curtis Harper
1329 SW Horizon
Blue Springs MO 64015
So write early!

firstturn

Mike,
  At this point I am trying to see if I will be able to make the trip with so many other things going on.  I would love to make the trip with you, Larry Perkins, Benolkin and others.  Maybe we need to get a Berkshire Society formed since we have the bikes and people to represent us.  More later.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

tlanders

Ron,

Curtis's work number is (816) 697-3411. I hope you can make it. The only problem that I see with the weekend is concerning who is going to ride Mike's Sachs/KTM engined bike if he can't make it. He wants you to ride it!!! I wanted to ride it, but he said if I did, I had to win!!! So I guess it's back to you or how about Tom??? The only problem with Tom riding it is that the FOR SURE win would be credited to Tom (rightly so) and the bike wouldn't get the glory it deserves. It really needs to be ridden by a mortal, not Tom. Tom could win on a Vespa.

In any case, the weekend will be great. I hope we have a great Penton turnout. Somebody please convince Doug to come to my house for a couple days (Rosemary's a great cook Doug!!!) and put my 100 together for me!!!

Thanks,

Teddy

firstturn

Teddy,
  That is about the fourth time I've heard that Tom could win on a Vespa, not counting the two times I said it.  It sounds like a great event, but maybe the only way I could fit it in my schedule would be to fly in and out.  I hope you are doing well.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

AndyL

You can also email Curtis at [email protected].

The MOVMX series had its opener on Sunday, 190 entries, 19 gates in the AM and 19 more in the afternoon session.  I think I counted about a dozen or so 100cc bikes, mostly YZ's and Hodaka's.

I had my 75 Jackpiner ready to go as my backup bike for the PV +40 Open class but never had to get it off the trailer.

Andy
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

cubfan1968

This sounds like a great time over a long weekend. Plus, KC is a short shot from Omaha. Might have to make this one to see what I been missin.

Rod Whitman
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

AndyL

I hope every one can make the 100cc Nationals on Sat along with the other fun activities, like the 1 hour Hare Scramble. (Mike: you have to come defend your title!)

Over the last few years we have had drag races, pit bike races, wheelie contests, hill climb contests, I think they even had a trials one year.

You can contact Curtis at Harpers Moto Guzzi, //www.harpermotoguzzi.com (816) 697-3411 [email protected] or through the website at //www.movmx.com

I dont have a 100cc Penton (yet) but my Jackpiner will run the Hare Scramble and will run a Hodaka in Vintage 100cc and MAYBE a YZ100 in PV 100.

Hope to see you all out there.

Andy
#14u MOVMX and AHRMA
75 Jackpiner
92 KTM 300
Andy
#14u
MOVMX, AMA, AHRMA

Mike Lenz

I hope to make it again but not sure I can.

tlanders

It is one of the most fun weekends. I hope you can make it Ron, and bring your friend Mr. Benolkin to eat up the Hodakas!!!! Anyone have  a Bershire they would loan me????

Teddy