Pentons/DKW/KTM for sale in Texas

Started by fasmith, April 25, 2006, 11:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasmith

I found this on craigslist this morning .. I sent the guy an email inquiring about the KTMs, but I thought you guys might want to check into it as well.  San Marcos is about 40 miles from me.  I personally would love to get an 1980's KTM. If he has something you need or want and if I can help in any way.. let me know.

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/154396681.html

Freddie

fasmith

I just got off the phone with the guy.  He informed me that some dude is going to meet him Friday and buy all 60 bikes.  He offered to sell me a bike or two if I found a couple I would like.  I'm meeting him before Friday to see if I can find both a Penton and a KTM within my budget.  He said he did not know specifically which KTMs he had, but he is knowedgeable on Pentons and had 125s, 175s, and 250s.  If you want his phone number I can email it to you.

Freddie

thrownchain

Keep an eye on E play, I would imagine at least part of this collection will show up there.:(

firstturn

Freddie,
  Were you able to purchase any Pentons??

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

fasmith

Ron -

I apologize for the late late - late reply.  Work has me hopping around like a 1980 Yamaha YZ250 doing the famous "Yamahop" dance in the whoops.

Even though a month later - I am going to meet the guy this Thursday to seriously look at a couple of Pentons and a KTM 250 enduro.

Freddie

OUCWBOY

Freddie,
So it sounds like he didn't sell all 60 bikes last month. Let us know what all he has. Good Luck!

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

Donny & Freddie,
  I have looked at most of the bikes he had last year and didn't buy any.  I did send a Friend by last week and he bought a Suzuki TM 100 and  OSSA Pioneer but passed on all the Pentons.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OUCWBOY

Ron,
Did he pass on the Pentons because of the condition or the Price??

Donny Smith
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

firstturn

Donny,
  Pentons were just your average Pentons that were bought and no attempt to see if they could get them running or clean them up.  There were a lot of concerns like a broken off shift shaft, no spark and stuck pistons.  The prices seemed to get higher once someone actually went to see the bikes.  If they are still here when you come through Texas we can go look at them.  I don't mind paying someones price, but these were very over priced bikes in my opinion.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh