1972 Penton Six Day 125cc ON EBAY

Started by motorhed454ss, June 06, 2006, 11:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorhed454ss

Auction #4647234517. No reserve. Started at $1.
This is a very cool and unique bike. 1972 was the first year of AMA sanctioned motocross in the USA so its one of the first bikes ever to do motocross. 72 was the first year of the chromoly frame and had a compsite gas tank.

This bike has been painted over with blue but the original colors are under the blue and it comes off with stripper. The bike originally had a green tank and airbox, yellow number plates, and a silver front fender. This bike is COMPLETE. Right down to the rear rack and leather tool bag that mounts behind the seat. It has excellent spark and the carb was just cleaned. It gets good air and good fuel. The only thing missing is the airboot between the carb and the airbox. It has blue spark but just barely runs for a few strokes because the compression is at 130 psi. It needs about 140-160 psi to start up and run. Piston kits are available and many other parts are still available. There is a Penton Owners Group website where you can join for $20 per year and get access to any parts you may need. Such a complete penton is pretty rare but i'm willing to sell it only because I have some other bikes i'm fixing up right now.

EMAIL ME FOR PICTURES

I just remembered that the rear tail light on it is not the original. I saw the original ones in a catalog for around $15 I think. The rear rack and leather tool bag are not in this picture. The front number plate is not on in the picture either. But they are included and in good shape.

thrownchain

I told you the big $$$ was on E bay.[^]