1980 MC80 420 project for sale

Started by sachsmx, June 01, 2006, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sachsmx

Health reasons forces sale of all dirtbikes:(, others are listed elsewhere on this board. The first to go is my 420 project bike. Here is a list of NOS and/or new replacement parts I have acquired:

NOS parts:
Main bearings (M40)
Gasket and seal kit
3rd over KTM piston
Swingarm needle bearings and sleeves
Chain rub pads and guide block
Rear brake backing plate
Steering head bearings
Tank decals
Front fender (Hi point)
Clutch actuator cam

New parts:
Rear Sprocket
Seat cover (repop)
Tires (Michelin front and rear)
Rear fender (Maier copy of original)
Aluminum handle bar
Universal Richter silencer
38mm Mikuni carb
Vinyl tank cover (1981 graphics)

Replacement used parts/spares:
Newer Motoplat ignition (from late 1980s KTM big bore)
Nice nearly new crankcase set
Spare engine
Engine with low hour 2nd over piston and fresh bore
40mm Husky front fork/clamps/ wheel with DLS brake (also extra wheel)
Have new Progressive springs and seals for Husky forks
I do have OEM forks/clamps/wheel

The bike is disassembled and the frame has been blasted and primered. The ex pipe is in good shape with no dents that I can recall. The plastic is all good, especially the side panels. I have an extra frame, seat, rear wheel, and many other misc. small parts. The spare engine has a bad crank. The crank in the original engine is in good condition. The bike ran when I bought it back in 2000, but the ignition was weak, this is why I have the newer used Motoplat that goes with it.
I am asking $1500, which is about what I have in it in new parts and the original purchase price. I can deliver it to Mid-Ohio. The bike is located in Greenville, SC I can be reached at [email protected] or at 864-561-9958

sachsmx

Asking price dropped to $1250...I have that much in new and NOS parts, many of which may not be available anywhere for any price??? I would rather sell it whole here than part it on ebay.