Fathers Day

Started by thrownchain, June 16, 2006, 12:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

To all the fathers out there, it doesn't matter if you're a father, step father, single dad, you took on the most important job there is, raising kids. Have a good fathers day, stay safe and keep up the good work.[^]

sixdazed

Happy Father's Day to all!.....Just as a side note,there was a column in MXA's Jody's Box called "My Father Never Saw Me Race".I'll pass on the month and year when i find it.By popular demand he has reprinted it more than once.This is a very touching and well written column that hit's real close to home.I intend to find the MXA that it's in(i know its here somewhere), bring this column with me out to my Dad's house today on my Father's day visit,and explain to him why he needs to get out to the races with me before one or both of us can't go to the races anymore(at this point it could be either one of us!).Life is so short and you never know what will happen.Jody explains his regret that his dad and him had a rocky relationship and that maybe if they had gone to the races together that would have been different."My Father Has never Seen Me Race"-but I intend to change that very soon..........Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

tomale

Thanks Thrownchain, And Happy Fathers day to all the Dad's out there.. My stepmother passed away this last year and because of it, I have been able to/needed to spend more time with my dad... I am greatful for that...ie, spending time with him. Dad is 900 miles away but I have spent alot of time with him this year already. I could not be with him this Fathers day but the plan is to spend more time with him this fall. I did call him to wish him a happy fathers day..
"most men can become fathers but only a special man can become a Dad"
My Father was a Dad, and I am greatful to have him.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W