1969 Jawa 360

Started by Rain Man, May 14, 2006, 07:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain Man

There is  a very  interesting article on Barry Higgins and his CZ 360 on the last page of the June issue of American Motorcyclists Magazine. Dating back to 1969.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

firstturn

Great article on Barry...a little trivia for those of you that are AMA Members and get the Motorcyclists Magazine.  You notice at the end of the article it mentions Barry's Sponsor at the time he was riding the Jawa/CZ.  There is another person in the issue that was a excellent rider who was also sponsored by the same shop.  Any guess on who it was?

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Merlin

.........Jim Wienert............
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".

firstturn

Merlin,
  Good guess, but this was one I didn't know until I saw it on page 56.  The answer to the question is Kerry Klied.  The first and second woman to hold a AMA Pro License. Great story.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dwight Rudder

A CZ is NOT a Jawa.  Both were imported into the USA by same company but the factories are about 20 miles apart and had different interests. Especially late 60s and 70s.  CZ is more of a MOTORCROSS company and Jawa was more interested in ISDT / Enduro bikes.  Jawa made more street bikes also.  CZ also made guns.
Cher'o,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

sixdazed

Dwight-MOTORCROSS?????!!!!!!!

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

sixdazed

P.S.,Dwight,hope the back is better-are you riding again?  Cheers, Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Dwight Rudder

OK OK,  MOTOCROSS.   Either is better than SUPERCROSS.  
The back is getting better.  Doing my exercises.  I see the Doctor, again,  on Friday.  Hope to be riding by mid month.
Cher'o,

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Rain Man

Did Jawa have a 650 road bike available in the US of A around the late 60's ??  I think it was a vertical twin, simlar to the British bikes of the era ?

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

bubu13

Quotequote:CZ is more of a MOTORCROSS company and Jawa was more interested in ISDT / Enduro bikes. Jawa made more street bikes also. CZ also made guns.  

Didn't Jawa also make speedway bikes?

Rain Man

Hi bubu 13,  Jawa did have a 500cc 4 stroke speedway bike, I've ridden one once, a very different technique of racing roundy rounds never the less. There fast.

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons