Marzocchi Seals

Started by Chrisbo, July 28, 2006, 08:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisbo

I know this has probably been talked to death before but I can't find an answer through the search function.

I took apart my Marzocchi 35mm forks off my 78 250. I've read before that they should have two seals, Does anone know the size of the two seals as my forks only had one seal 10mm thick and what looked like a homemade O-ring on top then the circlip which I know won't be right.

I put the circlip thing back into the fork slider and as I measure it there is a space 14mm deep beneath the clip, so were the original seals both the same double lip seals with the ID 35mm OD 47mm and Thickness 7mm. In other words was it two identical seals theat used to go in there or was the top one different?

Thanks POGgers and sorry for the length of the post [B)]

Cheers
Chris

john durrill

Chris,
 You probably have a replacement seal in the forks now. Leak Proff is one company that sells 1 seal for each leg like you describe.
 either will work fine . The one big seal or the 2 smaller ones per leg.
John D.

farmer58za

Hi Chris

You can use two 35 x 47 x 7 double lip seals or same size single lip at bottom and double lip at top.

They should be available from a seal/bearing shop

Regards

David

Regards

David
'75 KTM GS250
'75 KTM GS400
Regards

David

Chrisbo

Thanks for the replies guys :D, Anyone any good reason for prefering either:

Two double lip seals

One big seal or

A single lip with a double lip above [?]

What would have been in there originaly? two double lip, two single lip or two totally different seals [?]

Cheers
Chris.