Questions

Started by thrownchain, August 03, 2006, 05:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrownchain

Did anyone think to put their Penton in the motorcycle show at M/O??

Has any one given any thought to raffling off a Penton the way Hodaka does? Find a good charity and help them out??

Any thoughts about setting up an injured Pogger fund to help out those of us who get injured from time to time??

Anyone coming to the Wayne Co. MC hillclimb at the end of August??
This was mentioned in the SMOG newsletter. Let me know, I'll be there.

Fell free to put in your two cents.

thrownchain
72 ,73, 74 Six Days projects.

tomale

It is funny that you should say that.... On Tuesday when Tom MC and I went over to see Dale in the hospital we were talking about that very thing, We had a benifit race as a special feature at the last race at Burnt Ridge and it raised a couple hundred bucks, We may do that again but we were thinking that we could do something a little different... Dale was telling me that when he was injured that they cut off his DKW jersey. He had gotten some large emblems and he ironed them on to a white jersey. He was pretty upset about them cutting it off him. We thought wouldn't it be cool to make up some DKW jerseys, We talked with a friend of a friend and she is willing to do the embroidering.. I thought we would initially make up 10 and offer them to any one who would like them. We could make more if there was interest... The proceeds would go to Dale... Anyone interested in a DKW riding jersey? What makes these so cool is they are not silk screened but real embroidery.

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

thrownchain

I'd be interested as long as I could get one in my size, XXL, I'm a big boy........any other thoughts????????????????????

tomale

WE could get them done in any size, We have not yet figured out the price yet but I will keep ya posted.

76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

thrownchain

Over 800 card carrying members and all I get is one response????????
Come on guys, this is something that really needs to be aired out.
The downed rider fund is the type of thing that you take for granted till you need it, then wonder why no one thought of it. The few dollars that someone may get from a fund like this could be invaluable when it's really needed. There would have to be guidelines and limits, but when you're down, every little bit helps.

Lew Mayer

Keep us posted, Thom.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer