Wanted= 78-80 250 KTM Cylinder Head

Started by kevin k, August 30, 2006, 06:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin k

Desperatly seeking a good useable Cyl. Head. I,ve got the pipe and angled exh flange to convert my 76 MC-5 over to a 78-80 exhaust pipe. Just need the head to finish the conversion.Any fellows pogerrs got one to spare?  Thanks

Dennis Jones

Kevin, All you have to do to make your 76 head work is trim a couple of fins a small amount. If you can't find one I think I can get you some measurments on where to trim. You can still put your stock pipe back on and never tell the difference.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

kevin k

Dennis  Thanks for the reply .  I,m not getting any response on a newer style head to I will take you up on those measurements.  Having an idea on how much to remove will help out.  I don,t want it to end up looking like a water cooled Head!Would you know what the difference is between a 77 gs pipe and the 78-80 style pipes .  I,m pretty sure i,ve got a 78-80 pipe but not 100 percent.  It looks like my 77 175 pipe but has the proper size header pipe and the silencer is just a bit longer.  Thanks  Kevin  Kline

Dennis Jones

Kevin, I am getting ready to leave for the long weekend so it will be next week before I can get you some pictures and measurments but my memory tells me you only need to trim about 2 or 3 fins a small amount. I would also guess this is what they did at the factory and no 2 are the same.
If you type in Penton on ebay, scroll down till you find completed items on the left side of the page and click on it,scroll down to show and click on it. There is a very good picture of a 78-80 pipe there for a 125 or 175. On a 250 the chamber part would extend farther back but will have the same look.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Dave Withrow

Kevin,
    I've got a couple of those heads that were trimmed to allow the later pipe.  Give me your address off-site and I'll send you one to see if it works.
GO PENTON!
Dave Withrow

kevin k