Attention Ohio Area Racers

Started by boogieonmyfinger, September 05, 2006, 09:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boogieonmyfinger

Western Reserve will be running a 2 day AHRMA regional event this weekend, Sept. 9th and 10th.  There will be both vintage and PV on both days.  There will also be a CC event on saturday.  It's a great track, and vintage friendly.  This will be the first year for the CC event, but I'm sure it will be good as well.  Hope to see you there!

//www.westernreservemc.com

//www.ahrma.org/greatlakes

OhioTed

Last year, this same event was to have included a swap meet.  I didn't make it, but if anyone did, how was it?  Did many vendors show up?

Gary Roach

I'll be there this weekend for sure. It's a 3 hour drive for me, but definitely worth it. The rider turnout for last years event was low, and only very few vendors, but the track was AWESOME! Fellow Penton rider Greg Troyan had a side-by-side battle with a Kawasaki rider that lasted the entire moto. It was an unbelievable race, with Greg coming out on top.  

I would have to say that it was one of the best groomed tracks that I have ever seen. Nice loamy soil, uphills, downhills, jumps, both flat and bermed turns, and plenty of flagmen. Almost half of the track was covered in shade. The pit area also has quite a few large trees for shade. They have a full consession stand, grand stands, and a water truck that they're not afraid to use! This club does an excellent job, and I feel that AHRMA needs to look really hard at this facilty for future National events, not only for Motocross and Cross Country, but for Trials and Flat Track events as well.

Gary

Mick Milakovic

Great report, Gary, and I agree that Western is a top-notch facility.  Give us a report when you get back!

Mick