a Penton friend, down

Started by OhioTed, August 22, 2006, 03:32:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhioTed

The former Penton dealer, Dale Burton, who was featured in the recent issue of Still Keeping Track, has suffered a severe stroke.  Little is known of Dale's present condition, only that the stroke has affected both sides of his body.  Please join me in praying for Dale, and wishing him a speedy and thorough recovery.  He is a fine gentleman, and has given much to Penton enthusiasts in the NE Ohio region.

OhioTed

Good news!  As of this afternoon, Mr. Burton is home from the hospital, and well on his way to a strong recovery.  Please consider dropping him a note or card to wish him well.  Dale is just as good a soul as they come, and it sure would be nice for him to know that his "Penton family" hasn't forgotten him or his contributions to our little corner of the sport.  Send to:  Dale Burton, 7906 St. Rt. 164, Lisbon, Ohio 44432.

firstturn

Ted,
  Thanks for the "Heads Up" on Dale.  He, as well as a lot of other fine Penton dealers, were the backbone of all us old riders and racers.  I will get a card in the mail tomorrow.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Big Mac

Ohio- Thanks for the update and for the efforts on behalf of Dale Burton. It's great to have friends pulling for you and spreading the word when you need it for sure. Have only heard of Dale's name in the Penton history book, but will drop a note to let him know others in the Penton network are keeping him in mind.

Mac
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

firstturn

Ted,
  My card went out today so please keep us posted.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

OhioTed

You guys are the best.  If you could have seen the look on Dale's face during our interview, when he spoke of how much his Penton-riding customers meant to him, particularly Frankie Gallo, and Dale's old friend, Gary Semics - just about had us both bawlin'.  Just another example of the nature of folks who were, and still are, a part of the Penton family.
                                       Ted