1973 Jackpiner

Started by VICTOR MONZ, September 09, 2006, 01:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VICTOR MONZ

I appreciate your interest.  The JP was puchased in about 40% condition from an owner of about 20 years here in So. Cal.  I have the original title and its is all original equipment except fenders,  mx tank and Works Shocks.

The restoration was 100% top to bottom and it runs and handles first class.

The restoration work was done by my dear friend Marc Biro and if I could keep from having heart attacks this will not be beat down (So CAL) here in the classes I ride....most of the time ...until AHRMA recognizes it should be allowed in the 250 Classic Class not the Sportsman 250...125 cc's behind and 1972 technology...I will write them for changes.

It seems not fair when I have to ride my 72 Six Day against 74 Husky's in the 125 Classic Class...well I guess I have a resentment !  Sorry guys.

The bike is fast and the rider needs more practice.

Victor Monz

PS  Ron...it came back to me again...the local guy gave up on Vintage right away....he bought me dinner though!

cubfan1968

Good lookin' bike Victor. I look at the calender every month and wonder how the bike got to look like that. Thanks for the info.

Rod Whitman
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

firstturn

For those of you who don't know I bought the 175, also built by Marc Biro, from Victor.  Before I could have it shipped Victor had sellers remorse.  Well, being the Friend he is he sent back my money for the Penton along with a gift for me to take my Wife out to a first class dinner.  As it turns out Marc also built a 1973, first year 250 Hare Scrambler, that is absolutely a gorgeous bike that I purchased from Victor.  But this time before Victor could change his mind I drove to California and picked it up.

On a side note, Marc  Biro who has built many very nice Pentons, including the Mettco replica that Bill Cappel owns, is having some medical problems and could use our thoughts and Prayers.  It is wonderful that people like Marc and Victor have chosen Pentons to spend their time and money to restore and race.  Actually Victor, even with all his medical problems, really carrys the Penton Banner in the Southern California Racing.

Well the '73 Har Scramber is resting in a garage somewhere in Texas thanks to Marc and Victor[8D].

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh