WANTED: bare cases 175 penton

Started by chicagojerry, September 15, 2006, 10:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

hello all. i'm rebuilding a 73ish penton 175. while tearing the motor down i discovered a hairline crack in the bottom of the left crankcase. when i bead blasted it to prep it for an epoxy job i discovered that the whole bottom of the case is shot. i have all new bearings and seals for the bottom end so i hate to risk a catostrophic failure with all these new parts. does anyone have a set of bare cases that they are willing to part with?  i contacted al, kent, and gary roach to no avail. so hopefully someone hear in POG land can help.    thanks, chijer

DKWRACER

I think I have a set of black cases, will ck ,,,...Tom....
Thomas Brosius

chicagojerry

DKWRACER

chi jer, located the black cases, the clocks read 6 of 72 and the stamped numbers are 3-520xxxxx, There is some minor white chalk in the web area with nothing major, a media blast and some Marine Tek epoxy should seal the area. The kick start plug does have a few minor cracks and will need to be mag welded or media blast and fill the voids with epoxy, there is no wallowing on the rear engine mount bolt and the case is not cracked for the thru bolt, I think Teddy knows a good mag. welder who could do the minor repairs to the stop bolt area. Let me know, Adios!
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

chicagojerry

hi again tom, i spoke to teddy and he may have set that would not need to be repaired but he won't know until early next week. i'll stay in touch one way or the other and i sincerely appreciate the effort to hunt for a set. thanks, jerry