There's Gold in the Hills (off-topic)

Started by DKWRACER, September 17, 2006, 09:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Altho most of the gold has been removed from mother earth, there is still gold in the hills. It can be found in your own backyard.
Very lucky to be alive, and very appreciative of the comments that help us thru "troubled waters"

Thanks "Poggers"
Tom Brosius

http://cone.viawest.net/users/dkwracer/ColAspen/
Thomas Brosius

tomale

Tom did I miss something? What troubled waters?

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

thrownchain

Every day on this earth can be considered a "golden" day.

fasmith

I got one I live by.

A bad day above ground is better than any day below ground.

Freddie

DKWRACER

Hello POG Friends, ever see a "Galloping Goose"? Ancient time traveler, delivering goods n services to to many a town in Southern Colorado. One can be found in Dolores Colorado, exit portal from Lizard Head Pass in the San Juans.
My alter ego (LT2) and I ventured this w/e on an 1100 mile journey into the mountains seeking fall colours, what we did not know, was that the San Juans where in full Autuum Splendor! Fresh with new snow.
Also pictured is a ancient machine (Linotype) that was prolly under the employ of the local editor, who, in addition to his duties of setting type and running a flat bed Heidleberg, may have served as the county recorder and chief cook! One cannot imagine the type of person this guy was! Much different than the "gizmology" of today!

For your review....the "San Juans" where I guess, more than one adventure began....
http://www.gallopinggoose.org/
http://cone.viawest.net/users/dkwracer/ColAspen/

GB, Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

linglewn

Tom,
I live in Tennessee next to the Smokey Mountain National Park, but the San Juan mountain area is my favorite place to visit - specifically Ouray, just south of Ridgeway. I have seen the Galloping Goose in Ridgeway. The area has spectacular scenery, great hiking, and a wonderful place to spend days on a dirt bike or even in a Jeep. Thanks for reminding me of a special part of this country. I have been hoping to visit in the winter, but have not made it yet. Maybe next year.

Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125
Nelson Lingle
73 Jackpiner
74 Jackpiner
71 DKW 125

OUCWBOY

The Only Galloping Goose I have ever seen was the local motorcycle gang in and around North Texas and Southern Oklahoma. I like your's much better.

Donny Smith
Lakeside, CA, soon to be Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Jeff D

If you have a day to kill and love old trains and beautiful mountain scenery, take a ride on the Durango-Silverton steam train.  If you go both ways (up and back) it is an all day affair, but you can also hop on at Durango and then take a bus back down the mountain from Silverton which puts you back in Durango early afternoon.  There is a Galloping Goose on display in Silverton also, plus good local eateries, tourist shops, etc.  Very relaxing way to spend a day.

Jeff DeBell
Jeff DeBell