Southern Get together

Started by tmc3c, September 25, 2006, 07:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

Hey guys when the snow gets deep we could always meet and ride at //www.carolinaadventureworld.com They even have bikes to rent here.This place is in S.C. off I-77 between Charlotte N.C. and Columbia S.C.This place is opening Dec.22,2006.Just an idea.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Tony Price

One of the Vinduroites lives relatively close to this facility and is quite familiar with it's development.

He speaks highly of it.

Tony
Tony

fasmith

Mr. Carmichael -- there is another riding area close to Chester, SC .. TNT Motorsports.. I believe that is the name.. the owner's first name is Jimmy and I cannot remember his last name - runs that off-road park..  it is not as refined as the new place -CAW- looks to be.. But I did always enjoy riding there... and now about 300 words later, basically ... I believe TNT is still open..  but do you know for sure?  I spent many days there riding there.  

Freddie Smith

tmc3c

Hi Mr Smith, Yes TNT is still open and kicking,we also have several goverment trail systems here also in S.C.The problem with the these is the goverment closing them for ANY reason they can think of.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

GaryDowling

Hey all,
A little farther south - Georgia has a bunch of riding locations open year round. Many are State owned and others are private.

Checkout this website and search the MX Tracks and ORV Trails.
//www.georgiaoffroad.com

Two of the notables are:

1)Durhamtown Plantation, 90 minutes East of Atlanta in Union Point, GA. Very family oriented and has other outdoor activites to include sporting clays, hunting and fishing. Cabins and bike rentals available.
//www.durhamtown.com

2) Highland Park, 90 minutes West of Atlanta in Cedartown, GA. Relatively new, Highland Park is also the new (since July 06) home of H&H KTM World. You can rent new KTM's here!
//www.highlandparkresort.com

Hope this helps,

Gary Dowling
1973 Penton Six Day
Gary Dowling
1973 Penton Six Day

Tennessee Vol

Thomas,
 Just set a date and we all will be there!;)

See you at Barber?

Bobby Stults
Bobby Stults

tmc3c

Hey Bobby, I won't be at Barber but will be making the reunion ride.Denny has my bike and is going over it like his ossa and you know it needed it.After the reunion ride maybe Johnny,Cope and yourself could come down and ride for a couple of days.Check the tree houses out at the web site.Looks like this is a cool place to ride.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler