WANTED: OPEN VINTAGE BIKE

Started by Dwight Rudder, September 29, 2006, 02:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwight Rudder

I have a friend looking for a ready to ride Vintage Open Class bike. Like a 1973-74 Penton 400,  Husqvarna 360 or 400, or a Maico 400 or 450.
He is willing to pay a fair price for a bike he can ride at the ISDTR.
Let me know if you have any leads.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

Larry Perkins

Dwight,

I am about to ebay a 400 Penton.  Give me a call if he might be interested.  The shop phone is (417)862-3478.  E-mail is [email protected]

Larry P

Dwight Rudder

What year ?  Condition ?  Ready to ride ? Price ? Etc.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist

Larry Perkins

Dwight,

It is a 1975, forks just rebuilt, good tires, rebuilt carb, nice alloy tank, motor is good to go, new chain, good sprockets, plastic is good but not fantastic, beefy pegs, nice aftermaret pipe, and new bars.  Really just needs two things-rear Zokes need rebuilt or needs shocks if raced in Vintage and needs front numberplate or light.  I would take $1700 as it sits, $1900 with New Progressives set up for Vintage, or $2200 with the New Progressives, New plastic, Petty headlight, and a tailight.  Could deliver to ISDTRR.  Let me now if interested.  I will be away tomorrow but can answer e-mail or phone call Sunday.

Larry P

Dwight Rudder

I bet he will be interested.  I will try and call him You should know something at least by Monday.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist

Gavin Housh

Dwight, I have a 73 unmolested (original silver paint straight back frame) 400 Maico set up in MX trim. This bike has the 79 clutch that works (no creeping at the start line, this clutch feels more like a Japanese clutch), Mikuni 38mm carb with Twin Air filter, Fox emulsion shocks (new seals), straight and clean forks (no rust even between the lower and upper clamps) with new fork boots, good steering head bearings (not pitted), very nice chain and sprockets, rare K model transmission gears (wide ratio), new primary chain, fresh crank seals, good bore and piston (recently bored), Circle F pipe(nice condition one small bent dime size), nice alloy tank (has some battle dings), relined brakes that stop, alloy rims front and rear (decent DIDs not perfect), fresh rear tire with good rim locks, modern red Acerbis fenders (that keep mud off), Renthal grips with new chrome bars, Good working Magura levers, Motion Pro terminator clutch cable, hand made chain guide, teflon wear block on swing arm, spring loaded chain roller under swing arm (very trick and vintage correct), foot pegs moved rearward 30mm (mounts untouched and you can put pegs in original position by taking off adapter plates), folding pegs off 77 Maico (not great but could be made better with some weld on wideners), shock springs are set up for a 180lbs or lighter rider, forks have two sets of springs (one is the one piece spring and the other is the softer two piece spring set up). This bike has nothing that has not been addressed and gone through. The only thing that would really improve it would be a PVL or other modern ignition and a firmer seat foam. The points are good and the bike would come with an extra NOS set of points and condenser. This bike hauls the mail and is not for the inexperienced rider (that would be me). $2250 Gavin   [email protected]

Dwight Rudder

Thanks Gavin, I will pass it on to Rob.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist

Tony Price

Dwight,

I can loan him a white Preston Petty front light for the weekend if needed.

Tony
Tony

Dwight Rudder

Larry, Spoke with Rob and he is very interested.   He would like shocks about 1/2" longer than stock and in the VINTAGE mounting position.  He weighs probably about 220lbs. Former Football player.
He will call tomorrow.  He also would like the bike with the new plastic and lights. He wants the bike prepped to ride the ISDTR on.  If this is agreeable I believe you have sold a bike. Oh, He would like a set of Pirelli MT16s on the bike also.  He will pay the difference. He should contact you tomorrow.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist