'73 250cc HareScrambler available

Started by lksseven, October 16, 2006, 11:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lksseven

I have a 73 Harescrambler for sale.  Gold motocross tank.  It was completely rebuilt/restored to be a rider/looker by a fellow POG member who does great work and has been doing it a long time.  I have links to several pics, and will have more pics in a couple of days.  If anyone has any serious interest, I can bring this bike to the Reunion Ride next weekend for tire kicking.
        If you have a 2006 Penton calendar, it's Mr. March.  I would say it's between an 8 and a 9 on a 10scale, as far as the beauty of the restore - not showroom (and wasn't meant to be), but not far from it.

I bought this bike 15 months ago at Mid-Ohio - I was just getting back into the Penton world after a 30 years absence, and it was/is beautiful and was ready to ride.   I've acquired several more Pentons in the ensuing 15 months (not all ready to ride!), and have figured out that the 125 world is more my speed.  This bike is great - agile, low center of gravity, beautiful ... but it's really a little too fast for me (I've still got a daughter to get all the way through college[8D] ).  It is a RR bronze medal winner, and is now parked in my Dad's office and gets a LOT of stares and comments, but I hate that it's not being enjoyed by someone in the saddle, and I went a little overboard and now have too many Pentons (or else I just don't have enough time!)

Here are the links to the pics I have tonight - will post more by Thursday 19th.
//www.wordcom.com/penton/250cc-73-Orange.jpg
//www.wordcom.com/penton/250cc-73-Orange-rightside.jpg[url][url]www.wordcom.com/penton/250inDadsOffice.jpg

FYI, I'm also looking for a stinger pipe for a '69 or '70 Steeltanker that might factor into a money/parts swap for the bike.

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale
I choose to ride...slower and slower all the time

firstturn

And it is the first year 250 and it is the only year of the gold color.  This is a nice bike.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

Tony Price

Quotequote:Originally posted by rob w

I wonder if there was any reason - or why someone decided to change the color from goldish yellow to red for the Harescramblers.

The little Berkshire probably said - "HEY, that's my color, I thought I was suppose to be the only red one around here"

:)

Here Here!  I agree!

Berkies Rule!

Tony
Tony

cubfan1968

Great lookin' bike Larry. I wish I had more room this is one I'd like to have.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

lksseven

Hi Rod,

Thanks, but Gary Ellis deserves the praise - he did almost all the work.   It is a great looking bike.  Maybe I'm an idiot to sell it.  I just don't have enough time to ride all these bikes, and it seems like a shame to have it finished and beautiful and in fine working order, and just sittin' around in the office collecting compliments, when someone could be RIDING IT!!!   Wouldn't it have been a shame if someone had decided to just keep Secretariat in the pasture full time to be admired, instead of letting him race and do what he was born to do?

Hmmm, maybe I should just keep it and ride it!  Unfortunately a lot of the available parts of this section of the country are not very 'vintage friendly' ... very harsh rocky landscape, hard on old bikes and old riders.

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale

RRSAC

Please provide location and asking price.

lksseven

RRSAC,

you have email

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale

Tim McKinney

Sent you an e-mail.

OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!

lksseven

Harescrambler still available.  Was sold, but Mother Nature intervened.

I rolled the bike out of my Dad's office yesterday, put in a new plug, and fired it right up. - rode it around the parking lot for about 5 minutes - sounded and ran great.  I probably should keep it and sell the Jackpiner I'm racing in the RR - just do to the 'rarity' factor, but I've kind of made my mind up to let someone else enjoy it

Can bring to RR.

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale

ozscofield

Would like to know what you want for this  bike and where you are located.  Thanks.

[email protected]

lksseven

Ozzie, I sent you an email.

I'm in Tulsa, OK.

Larry Seale
I choose to ride
Larry Seale

rpage11

Larry
I sent you an email re:69 pipe.

Skip Page