Restoration shop needed

Started by jrpxxii, November 02, 2006, 11:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrpxxii

I have my dads penton and i beleive it is a 74 but not sure. It is not running but is complete and in original condition. This bike was run in 6 days for USA and my dad bought it from his buddy who raced it. I want to restore this bike for him to original condition as it was new back then. I do not know of any shops to start researching and was hoping you all might have some input on some very respectable shops I can contact. Thanks in advance.

thrownchain

jrpxxii

Sorry I am new here, who is Kip and how do I reach him.

rfpotter

Thrownchain means Kip Kern, who does a great job at restoration.
If you want to contact him, click on "Members" at the upper corner of your screen, the letter "K" on the next one, and then his name on the third.
Let us know the history, members here can help you understand what you have got.

Patrick Houston
Cosby, Tennessee

Tony Price

One thing to consider when restoring the bike is that since it has run in the Six days, it will have the paint markings from technical inspection.

If those markings are still there, saving them adds to the history of the bike.

Do you know the rider and the year the bike competed?

Welcome to the group!

Tony
Tony

Merlin

..........a pedigree is such a great thing to have,no matter what. As Tony said if you could find out when and who with the paint markings makes completion of your restoration a special thing...................
Quote: Thomas Jefferson, We are all born ignorant, some work to remain that way.
 Quote:Peter Villacaro, \\"it is impossible to teach those that wish not to be taught\\".