Wanted Sprocket for '72 Six Day

Started by firstturn, November 02, 2006, 08:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

I need a stock (original) sprocket for a 1972, 73 or 74 125 Six Day.  I am mainly intersted in the sprocket with the slots (holes) and not a replacement(solid).  I would like a NOS one, but nice condition would be fine.  Buy or trade.  Thanks for your time.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

Dennis D

Ron, would it be the same as on a 72 Piner? If so I might have a decent one.Dennis D

Rain Man

The kind with 12-1 1/2" slots in it ??

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

firstturn

Dennis,
  I am not sure if a Piner would fit since I have never tried one, but it is on the same hub arrangement as the 100/125 in 1972.  

Raymond,
  Yes it is the 12 slot sprocket.

Don Roth has offered one and I am going to try his.  Thanks Dennis and Raymond for the offers.....it is great to have people like you on this site.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

Lew Mayer

The piner sprocket will be for 530 chain not 428.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Thanks Lew......

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

bentrims

Ron,
I have a 54T 12 slot (oblong) NOS sprocket on the shelf. The one on my battle bike has multi 1/2" or so circles all around it. Which one do you want?
PS- I rattle racked a huge 10 pointer into 35 yards last night but it sounded like the arrow nicked a twig and went off course. Had 5 does come by this morning but they were too easy prey.
Tom B

bentrims

Interesting note: That sprocket was bought off Ebay from the 70's Motox-Fox rider York Pat Moroney. Did he ever race a Penton?
TB

firstturn

Thanks for everyones offers...problem solved.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

firstturn

Just want to thank the members who offered to help and to Don Roth and Tom Benolkin for the sprockets.  It is just the way this group is in helping each other that set us apart from many other hobby groups.  Once again THANKS.

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh