71 CMF swingarm

Started by rich allison, November 21, 2006, 10:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich allison

Looking for a swingarm for my 71 cmf frame. Also what size is the allen bolt in the swingarm. Thanks

Rich
Rich

Larry Perkins

1972 is the first year for CMF bikes.  Please refer to former posts to deyermine year and cutoff for next year model.  Off the top of my head I can't remember the swingarm bolt size but someone here will have a parts book handy and it gives dimensions.

Larry P

rich allison

This frame has a Dec,71 ser.# and it looks like a CMF. I think there is a grey area when the CMF's started being sold. Thanks

Rich
Rich

john durrill

Rich,
 I think KTM started in Oct. on the next year model bikes. A Dec. build date in 71 would be a 72 year model CMF Penton. It is probably a 6A engine with a Bosch mag instead of a Motoplat ignition.
John D.

slvrbrdfxr

Rich,
Your bike with a Dec 71 build date should be a CMF bike. My dad has a CMF 125 Six Day that was built in Dec 71 and his came with a 5A engine. I have a swingarm that will fit your bike. Shoot me an email and I'll send you a couple pics. Not sure of the swingarm bolt size but it takes a 12mm hex key to remove it.
Dave McCullough

OUCWBOY

I have a 202 72 CMF with a 1251/5A Aluminum Cylinder engine as well. It came with the Bosch Points Ignition.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Rain Man

nope, no specific size designation for the swing arm bolt  PN-51.03.033.000

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

rich allison

Just needed to know what size hex key to remove swingarm bolt. If anybody is into vintage hillclimbing do I have a swingarm for you. Was on bike not sure what it came from.

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich

firstturn

Rich,
  12mm

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

rich allison

Still looking for a swingarm. Did you get my e-mail Dave? Thanks

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich

slvrbrdfxr

Rich,
Been real busy the last few days and was unable to get the pics taken. Dug the swingarm out today for some pics and will send them to you shortly. Sorry for the delay.
Dave McCullough