Knees

Started by hankthecrank, November 29, 2006, 11:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hankthecrank

Hi.
      Well, I just got back from the Doc's office and it looks like 6 more weeks on crutches. I can get rid of the brace/cast unless I'm outside and on rough ground. Weight bearing in two weeks. I saw the x-ray and the bone definitly is not healed. I asked the Doc[who is not a motorcycle person] about braces and he said a sleeve style would be o-k. Whats the input from the POG? I really don't want to do this again but life without riding is not an option.
                                                 Thanks,
                                                       Hank

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Lloyd Boland

Hank, I think knee braces are a must.  As stated in the last topic about the ACL tears, if the technology is there, why not use it?  You wouldn't use a helmet from the 70's.  CTi & Donley are the best.  Astericks are very good.  If you can get your ortho to write a prescription, the CTi braces may be paid for by insurance, depending on your insurance benefits.

hankthecrank

Hi.
           Thanks for the reply. I will talk to the Doc next time and try to be prepared with some good info. Thank you for mentioning specific braces. I'm kinda disappointed that I'm not riding yet, but I guess I can wait a little longer. PS- I'm riding my 4-wheeler but I hafta be careful, them 4-wheelers can hurt you!
                                                  Thanks,
                                                        Hank

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart