Repair Frame

Started by rich allison, November 28, 2006, 10:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich allison

The rear frame loop where the rear fender mounts to on a 125 CMF was cut off for some reason. It was cut off right where the frame tubing gets smaller. Has anybody repaired or replaced this section of frame. Frame is in good shape except for this. Any ideas? Thanks

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich

slvrbrdfxr

Rich,
The rear loop can can probably be rewelded to the frame. Do you need a rear loop ?? If so, I've got an old junk CMF frame and can cut the loop off for you. Let me know.
Dave McCullough

rich allison

Yes I'll take the loop. let me know how much and send it with the swingarm. I sure do appreciate this. Frames almost ready for powdercoat. Thanks

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich

Rocket

Rich
I have replaced the rear loop on a frame that was in the same situation yours is in.  The loop slides into the frame tube and then it is welded.  It is not just "butt" welded tube to tube.
Rocket

slvrbrdfxr

Rich,
No problem. I'll try to get the frame loop cut off this weekend. The frame is out beside my shed right now and is under a nice layer of ice, sleet and snow. We've been getting hammered pretty good here in Tulsa by a winter storm since last night. Forcast calling for 8-12" by midnight before it's supposed to stop snowing. Guess we're getting a little payback from mother nature for the 70 degree weather we had last week.
Dave McCullough

rich allison

Thanks for the loop, but please keep the snow. 65 today 40 tomorrow w/ rain and snow here. Next item to find is a kickstarter shaft. Going to call Al B. tomorrow don't know if he has one or not.

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich

G Ellis

Rich drop me an email, I have some extra kickstarter shafts. Let me know for what motor. Later Gary Ellis

tlanders

I was going to build a new Piner last year and was considering cutting off the rear loop of a 1972 Piner frame to make the bike lighter. Then bolt a cut off fender onto the seat like the MC5s. Haven't done it yet though, decided to build a real 1977 MC5 instead last summer. Thanks Gary Ellis for all the help!!!

Teddy

rich allison

Did I get you a e-mail Gary? I think I did. Last few days been a haze, my daughter brought a beautiful granddaughter into this world for me to spoil. Old dirt bikes and grandkids, don't get any better than that. Thanks

Rich
Millersburg,Ohio
Rich

bentrims

Teddy,
Thanks for the tranny info. JP is going through mine now. Tom B