Hi-Point or other brand watch holder wanted

Started by t20sl, December 11, 2006, 09:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t20sl

I am in need of a Hi-point watch holder in good condition, and/or a lens for same. Thanks

Larry Perkins

I have one but would not really like to part with it.  I might be convinced for the right cause.  I have a spare lens that I could more easily be talked out of if that helps.  E-mail me at [email protected]

Larry P

Fortek

On the same topic, What company made the watch for the holder pictured in the accessory (Dealer) catalogs,pictured with the holder?
Steve 70 steel tanker

t20sl

Steve:
   I have not seen the picture you mention but I have always used a railroad style 17 or 21 jewel pocket watch.  On my current modern enduro bike I still use that set up and a watch (Rodania Swiss made) that is about 35 years old keeps time with my digital on my wrist within about 2 seconds on a 100 mile enduro.  I keep time in my head and the watch mounted on the handlebars clamps is great.  Pocket watches are easy to find used.  The railroad style were most accurate because they were designed to run in almost any position and not loose or gain time.  Critical when you have 100 ton locomotives running in opposite direstions on 1 track!
   I still need the Hipoint holder. Ted

Larry Perkins

Ted,

I will try to locate mine this weekend and we can work something out on it.  It is the rubber kind with magnifying lens.  Meant for a pocket watch and sold under Hipoint name.  

When I used these back then the hot set-up was a Westclox Scotty pocket watch.  Not sure if that was the railroad kind or not.

Larry P