Motocross files

Started by Paul Danik, February 06, 2007, 04:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Below is a message from Will Stoner that may interest some of you.
Paul

Hi all,

The World Premier of the "Jim Pomeroy Story" airs on The Motocross Files on Speed TV at 9:30 EST Tuesday February 6th. Jimbo was a pioneer of American motocross, a Hall of Famer and a World-Class character.

Will

Mick Milakovic

Hi All, could someone tape this?  I currently don't get the Speed channel.  I'll gladly pay for shipping and the tape.  Thanks in advance, Mick.

Mick

thrownchain

Does anyone have a clue as to whether this may possibly be available in the future on tape or DVD??

tomale

there is a web site, I am not sure what it is now but I have visited it before.... I believe that they were planning on making them available in the future.... I for one have really enjoyed the episodes, Some of it I knew, most I did not... I have been looking forward to seeing Jim's. Living here in the Northwest, I have visited with him many times and enjoyed each time we did.
all the national riders of the day amazed me but Jim was different.. He was my hero, partly because I had ridden a bultaco about the same time he had won the Spanish GP and partly because he He did what no one thought was possible.
I remember the first time I met him. We were at a local race and I had heard that he was there. He was not riding because of a knee problem but he spent most of his time visiting with all the racers... Several of us were standing around telling stories and laugh when Jim came up put his hand on my shoulder and asked what was up. I about fell over, Jim pomeroy was standing next to me. the first great american motocrosser and he was standing next to me. the Man I only dreamed of meeting.....and now he is gone..... He is missed....

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
75' GS400 (project bike)
72'sixday (project bike)
Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

shpclay

I have it on my DVR as soon as I can figure how to transfer this onto my dvd recorder I will do so. Electronic challenged.

Steve Clay
76 250 Penton/73 Harescrambler
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90
Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90

Paul Danik

I see where that episode is showing again on Sat. 2/10/2007 at 7am  EST. I read where part of this show was taped at VMD this past July.

Paul

shpclay

I checked with cable company, can't record from DVR to DVD, so they say.I think you can on a TEVE but you buy them

Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90
Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90

Mick Milakovic

Steve, does your TV have output cable jacks on the front or rear?  If so, then you can probably record to a VHS tape.  You remember those things?  Kind of like riding a 4-stroke before 2-strokes became popular then the 4-strokes became popular again......maybe I'll invest in VHS stock! ;)

Mick

jon

I contacted the Motocross-files there will be a DVD with lot's of extra footage that didn't make the show's soon.

shpclay

That sounds good. In answer , I do not have a vhs anymore. May check out a TEVO

Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90
Steve Clay
76 husky 250 WR
2002 Aprilia Futura
71 Honda Trail 90