Doug Wilford

Started by bentrims, December 29, 2006, 10:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bentrims

Doug,
The 5A motor is coming your way. I hope you haven't moved up to the east side with the Jeffersons cuz its heading to South Dewey Road.
Tom B

rpage11

Tom
I hope you got the address correct because there is no one I'd send mine to but Doug.  He has done two for me and they are both great.  Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

firstturn

Doug,
  What is this ice chest you sent me??

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

bentrims

Right on Skip. This is motor #2 to go in a Rupp roller chassis.

Dwight Rudder

A Rupp , EH ?  I raced a 125 Rupp in 1974.  VERY FAST and lighter than a Penton.  I only raced one once and won.  I passed a local hotshoe who rode a Suzuki TS185 with the 175cc MX kit like he was backing up. Down an open straight !
Neat bike, Could have been better finished but actually pretty decent. Too bad they didn't make them but about 1 year.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist
8 time National Enduro Class Champion.

bentrims

Dwight,
A year ago my brother picked me up for a swap meet. Barely in the door I see an RMX minus the motor. The guy felt like he was shafting me asking $75. Its all original with only a crack on the front fender and airbox but worth working into shape.

Did you see that Zundapp GS 125 that came out of northern Minnesota about 4-5 weeks ago? Someone threw the guy a bid around $1000 and he ended it early!!! It was a beauty.

rpage11

Tom
I hope you got the address correct because there is no one I'd send mine to but Doug.  He has done two for me and they are both great.  Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

firstturn

Doug,
  What is this ice chest you sent me??

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

bentrims

Right on Skip. This is motor #2 to go in a Rupp roller chassis.

Dwight Rudder

A Rupp , EH ?  I raced a 125 Rupp in 1974.  VERY FAST and lighter than a Penton.  I only raced one once and won.  I passed a local hotshoe who rode a Suzuki TS185 with the 175cc MX kit like he was backing up. Down an open straight !
Neat bike, Could have been better finished but actually pretty decent. Too bad they didn't make them but about 1 year.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist

bentrims

Dwight,
A year ago my brother picked me up for a swap meet. Barely in the door I see an RMX minus the motor. The guy felt like he was shafting me asking $75. Its all original with only a crack on the front fender and airbox but worth working into shape.

Did you see that Zundapp GS 125 that came out of northern Minnesota about 4-5 weeks ago? Someone threw the guy a bid around $1000 and he ended it early!!! It was a beauty.

Dwight Rudder

No, Missed that one.  I also missed a good deal on "BUY IT NOW" on a Suzuki TS50 for $350 in the Minnapolis area and couldn't find a way to get it home cheaply.
Sad to be so far away.
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist

bentrims

Let me know if you need a connection up here. Thats how I came to know Ron C. and got involved with Pentons. Taking in an Allouette for a few weeks started a good friendship.

Dwight Rudder

Quotequote:Originally posted by bentrims

Let me know if you need a connection up here. Thats how I came to know Ron C. and got involved with Pentons. Taking in an Allouette for a few weeks started a good friendship.

So can a good argument, Eh?
Thanks, and Happy New Year,
Dwight

Dwight Rudder
7 time ISDT / E medalist

bentrims