Intervention

Started by cubfan1968, January 13, 2007, 04:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan1968

Hi my name is Rod and I'm a dirt bike addict. I wasn't always like this just 2 short years ago I had no dirt bikes. Then my wife encouraged me to buy a Penton I saw on Ebay, she said I needed a hobby. I got the Penton and it was great, met alot of good folks who helped me get it running right.

Then it started to go downhill quick, saw a 1974 Honda XL250 in the paper, I bought it. Got a lead on another Penton, I bought it. Heard about a Honda XR500, I bought it. Then I ran into the "pushers". "Hey man, gots this old bike over here hasn't been started in 20 years, ya want it?" I had to take them in.

I went from a spacious room in the back of my garage to crammed in area.

Today, I hit a new low. I purchased a new (kind of) 2006 with 30 miles on it Yamaha dirt bike. My garage is fuller yet.

Maybe if we had a member (sponsor) who we could call when we had a weak moment that would talk us down. Yeah, that would work. But wait I just hit me all you guys probably are worse addicts than I.

Never mind.

Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)
Rod Whitman
Omaha, Nebraska
1972 Six Day (Rider)
1972 Six Day (Project)

454MRW

Yeah, I know what you mean. I started to salivate when I saw the post that Mike Gallagher made about selling his 76 MC5 400. He is downsizing and I am thinking of selling my 76 125 MC5 and upsizing. Somebody stop me! Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 250'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Rain Man

Hehehe:D the Penton bug strikes again !!!  Wait till Dwight tells ya how many bikes he has !!!

Raymond
 Down East Pentons
Raymond
 Down East Pentons

thrownchain

You say that as if it were a bad thing.
But I know where you're coming from and where you're going.
I've bought 4 Penton 6 days bikes in the last year and missed out on at least twice that many other brands on E play. I've got bikes in three different buidings [old farm ], and I'm having fun. That's really all that matters. [ I blame it on the guy who damn near gave me a DKW MX ]. If it's bad I'll take it.

Mick Milakovic

8 project bikes to keep me busy
7 runners to keep me happy
5 kids to go riding with
2 dogs to watch the barn
1 wife to put up with all this = priceless

Mick Milakovic - still alive in Indiana :)

Mick

sixdazed

Rod,I'm here to help.You've already taken the first step by admitting you have a problem.Now just turn over all your bikes to me and with my guidance we'll get you thru this.Help me Help you!I'l gladly be your sponsor (or visa versa)!
                                Sincerly,Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

Gavin Housh

I think I told this story here once before but it should be told again. My friend Kendall had the same problem we all have. To many bikes and no way to keep the wife from finding that new bike we just couldn't pass up. Kendall once told me that if you get a new one you have to get rid of another. He found a KTM that he couldn't pass up and he had it stashed in the bushes behind his house until he could unload another bike he had in the garage. I asked him wouldn't his wife notice that the bike was not the same bike that once sat in the garage. He said that as long as they both had white gas tanks she would never know the difference. I miss you Kendall, wish you were still with us. Gavin Housh

OhioTed

Hey, Rod.  Somewhere along the way, you got this all turned around backwards.  You see, there is NOTHING wrong with your present situation - that a few more bikes won't cure.  The PROBLEM was your situation a couple of years ago.  You see, no bikes = bad, bad, bad.  A bike = good.  Several bikes = better.  Lots o' bikes = better yet, and so forth.  What you need right now is a bit of cash, and a trip to a swap meet.  Oh, and don't forget to take along the truck and at least three sets of tie-downs.  Remember, there's NOTHING sadder than driving home with an empty truck.  Personally, I'm aimin' to hit the lottery, then head for Vintage Days with an empty semi or three.  Hope to hear back from you once you've added to that collection!