1976 250 gs siliencer

Started by tmc3c, December 01, 2006, 07:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmc3c

I have a problem with the silencer on my bike.It is in two pieces,it separated when the pipe broke off inside and it hit the trail!!I had master welder Greg "DA MAN" Holder cut the pipe and weld the insides together again and when I was putting back together and I see the silencer is two pieces.I looked in my manual and it shows the tip as one.Do I need to get the the inside of the silencer welded to the outside housing or is it suppose to be apart?Thank You Guys for taking your time with me.I sure liked it ALOT better when I was a "FACTORY RIDER" for my Dad!!![:p]This is for my 250 and it has the pipe with the chrome tip,Cone shaped.

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Big Mac

Thomas,
Should be a one-piece, but if it will clamp down and hold together with the nut on the center rod, should work just the same. Seems like it will hammer itself to death and loosen up, so probably best to tack weld it back together. Or you can buy one at http://www.pillondorino.com/HomePage.htm  Look under prodotti, marmitti, teminale or some such.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Chakka

Jon,

Have you purchased from Italy before? His fabrication work looks great! I need an enduro pipe for 75' Harescrambler and would love to get one of those. Anybody in POG have luck making contact with this gentleman?

Chris

tmc3c

Thank You Jon!! That is it "Articolo 08!!Have you dealt with him?I don't speak his lingo.
    I am wondering on the one I got is there a sleeve that goes over the threaded rod coming out of the pipe?Like a spacer?this would push the inside of the silencer snug against the housing.I have nothing but the rod.Greg Holder told me that the end nut was brass is this for reason?Must be every nut I have put on it gets gone!!Thank Guys!!

Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

sixdazed

Great site-And the disco music really rocks,kind of!Would be interested to know if he has an english speaker to get prices from,etc.Definitely has some nice hard to find stuff.Any one speako Italiano???Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

rpage11

Ric
One of my daughter's best friends is from Italy and she still spends the summers there with her grandmother.  She go to school with Maddie and is usually over at the house on weekends hanging out.  I can show her the site this weekend and ask her for help.  Skip

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ

I'll call you when I get back from the Dec. Tucson/Texas Charter Meeting with Ron in Kerrville tomorrow.
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

DKWRACER

Hi Poggers! If you wish to send messages in a foreign language, you can use the following site, and cut n paste the translated text into the body of your email.
http://www.systransoft.com/index.html
Adios!
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

sixdazed

Skip,Cool-that guy has neat stuff.Be careful on the way to Kerrville. See ya when you get back!
           Tom,Thanks for the info!
                                    Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50

firstturn

Ric,
  We will call you and Bob to make the meeting official.....I think we have to include Tom Benolkin since he is a charter member.  We now have three meetings under our belt.[:p]

Ron Carbaugh
Kerrville, Texas
Ron Carbaugh

454MRW

I could not find an email link or address, so if anyone has luck contacting them, I am intereted in the MC5 250 silencer and the 74-75 complete exhaust rear portion. Thanks, Mike

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 250'S
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

Big Mac

I have never tried hard to make contact with this supplier, since I haven't had a need Al B or some other domestic supplier couldn't fill. I did send an e-mail asking about prices in my best Itali-angloish but didn't get a response. A phone call might work well.

I think there's an Italian pogger in our midst named Paolo Serra, who might shed some light? I think I might have even sold him a bike once.

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

tofriedel

The following is from a friend of mine in Switzerland regarding the PILLON DORINO site in Italy.  His comments follow.

"I met this guy halve a year ago. I went through his production. The only thing I can say: I'm very, very, very impressed about the look and quality.  Absolutely not Italian style!!

I was interested mostly in the pipes, and they are exact, no, absolutely exact copies of the original pipes. These are not cheap aftermarket pipes welded together with short segments. They are like the original, seam welded. If you put an OEM pipe and a Pillonrorino side by side, I'm sure you won't be able to tell which one is the original!

However, I can't say anything about the fitment on the bike, but I would assume they are ok.

Now, pricing was between $390 and $490 for a pipe then, depended on the silencer.

What I've heard about this guy, is that he is overbooked, you have to wait quite long until you get your pipe, because whole Europe is ordering them."

You have to be able to speak Italian to talk to these people to get information about their products and pricing.

I have asked my friend what he knows about the alloy fenders that PILLON DORINO highlight on their web pages.  He will try to get some information on these items.

If anyone speaks Italian, maybe you could contact them directly and get all of the information on their products.

Tony
Tony

tofriedel

I received additional photo of some of the exhaust components mfg. by PILLON DORINO and the following information regarding fenders.

"About the polished aluminum fenders: these are the fenders for the first KTM/Penton series 69/70. If there were different fenders in this area, let me know, then I will ask him for witch particular model they are.

If you need a translation of a particular part, please let me know the Articolo #, so I can translate it.

When you know more or less what you want, send me a list and I will contact him and get a quote. However, we have to make sure that he does speed up the delivery time a bit...."  

Sooo, anyone that may be interested in parts from PILLON DORINO, put your list together, Articolo # (from the web site), quantity and any other questions you may have and I will forward to my friend in Switzerland.

I think this may be the easiest way to gather the information you want.  I do not want to burden my friend with 30 or more emails requesting the same or similar information.  

It might be more reasonable for Al B to generate a list of parts if he so chooses.  That choice would up to him.  This would keep the parts flow going through Al.

Just thinking out loud.  Other suggestions, option, etc. are open for consideration.

Tony

Tony

sixdazed

Just wanted to keep track of what is happening with this wonderful site-has anyone ordered anything thru you yet Tony?Or is Al getting involved at all.Should we still contact you with wants list?I'm drooling everytime i look at that stuff and trying to put away some Lira!Ric

ric emmal
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50