Steel Taker Seat Cover

Started by G Ellis, February 21, 2007, 11:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Ellis

Wanted old steel tanker seat cover. Need front back and top any shape. I am wanting to get some made up and need a pattern. Thanks for any help Gary

Paul Danik

Gary,

Do you want the early short cover or the later long cover?

Paul

G Ellis

I have a 71 steel tanker, I think it would be the longer one. I can get both made up if there is a need for each. Thanks for the reply Paul. Later Gary

slvrbrdfxr

Gary,
I've spent the last month or so looking for the correct material to recover a couple Steeltanker short seats. Some of the OEM short seat covers had the ironed pressed seams in the top panel spaced approx .75" apart. The only material I've been able to find so far is about 1-1.25" spacing. If you find some of the material I need please let me know. Thanks !!
Dave McCullough

Kip Kern

Dave  Contact Kevin Grimes, he had one made in Memphis and it had the seams on it.  Looked very nice!

slvrbrdfxr

Kip,
Thanks for the info. I'll send Kevin a message and ask him about the seat cover material. I went back and looked at some pictures dad took of the Puch powered steeltanker you built and had displayed at VMD last summer. That bike has the correct looking seat material. Was this a NOS seat or a recovered seat ?? Thanks again !!
Dave McCullough

rpage11

Here's the web site for Sew Cool.  Kevin gave me Jeff's name and also dropped a seat off for Jeff to match.  Thanks again Kevin.  Look under Jeff's restoration section for pictures of Penton seats  http://www.sewcool.net/

Here are the two Jeff has made for my 71 bikes.

Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
Skip Page
Tucson, AZ
www.robertpagearchitect.com

Kip Kern

Dave  That is a seat that Kevin had done for me, it turned out beautiful and complimented the Puchton very well.