Caution. PayPal Spoof Email

Started by DKWRACER, February 21, 2007, 07:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWRACER

Poggers beware, there is a fake email going around from PayPal Inc.
Subj.Notification from Billing Dept.....To Ck for authenticity, you can view true Ebay messages in your "My Ebay" etc...
Ficticious email messages can be forwarded to [email protected]

Adios,
Tom Brosius
Thomas Brosius

OUCWBOY

Tom and ALL
These have been going around for awhile and there are some fake Ebay one's as well. One way to check is to move your cursor to the link (but don't click it) and see what it says as the address. If unsure, just sent it to [email protected] or [email protected]. They will let you know if it's real or not.

Donny Smith
Paragould, AR
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

nsujeff

Everyone!
There are also fake statements sent to you from fictitious ebay  vendors. I have recieved the same one 23 times in the last 2 months! Sent them all to //[email protected]There is also one going around stating you have "added" an email to your paypal account. Totally fake! Send them all to ebay. Never answer the emails either. A lot of sickos out there:(

Jeffrey P. Borer
Jeffrey P. Borer
Amherst,Ohio

Beach Boy

I've had several emails via EBAY that basically says" If you can take Paypal, we have a deal on the item you listed". Item? What item? I don't have anything listed...If you've had anything listed in the past, a person can go to that item and send an email through the contact seller. I forward them to ebay immediately.

Also keep an eye, or ear, peeled for the telephone version: I have had a few calls from a really fast talking magazine outfit. There gig is to rapidly list the magazines that you have been getting and to keep them coming they must verify your credit card and mailing address. Gee, I didn't know that I subsribe to Tiger Beat or Ebony..... they want info to verify the above as they sure don't want to have you listed incorrectly.... if you refuse, you get a threat. Mine was simply " well, if you don't want to cooperate, we'll just pass this to collections and they will set up a court date for you. I can't print what I said next...... then hungup.

Brian
I don't have a Penton, but I'm working on it.....

bkinnon

I am ashamed to admit this, but several years ago I received the Paypal email that seemed to be legitimate. It asked for my account numbers, which I provided. Two days later I tried to use my debit card and was denied. I called my bank.. thankfully I live in Maine where they actually know you.. and was asked when I was last in Nigeria. The scam originates there and for those foolish enough to fall for it, they make an attempt to empty the accounts. My bank blocked it because it was out of the norm for my account. I lost nothing but had to suffer the shame my wife put on me.

Downeast Pentons- Central Division
Downeast Pentons- Central Division