Interesting...

Started by MonkeyBoy, April 30, 2002, 09:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonkeyBoy

Just a few hours ago I left off disassembling my 250 two-stroke.  The tank that I thought to be orange was once blue.  Also it had on the tank "world champion" sticker as well as "GS6" and what I believe to be a scarred and faded ? Fox ? sticker.  The engine is definitely a KTM and the bike has a leather tank strap.  The name Penton is on the back of the seat.  Can anyone give information on my bike?

Rocket

Would you post the frame number and the motor number and I am sure we can give you an idea what you have, may or may not be right!
Rocket

MonkeyBoy

Here's the frame number  702 01253. I thought I had located the engine number but apparently was not the number I need, actually I need to know where to look for the engine number.  Please be patient with me, I'm new here!  Thanks.

MonkeyBoy

I've been reading through a variety of topics learning all I can and I've noticed that frame numbers are much longer than mine was.  I do believe I am looking in the right place for it.  The frame number is again 702 01253.  It has a Lectron carburetor, huge Metzeler tires, frame and engine and that's about it!  As soon as I find the engine number I'll post it with the frame number.

Bryan

The engine number should be above the magneto cover close to the front of the engine.

Bryan
Bryan

Bob

Your bike was built in February (02), 1977 (7).

That number's correct - now post that engine number ;)

Bob

MonkeyBoy

Here's the engine number found on the lower left side above engine casing.  13793  I gave a gentleman this number and was told it wasn't the correct number.  Let me know if I'm looking in the wrong place.  Thanks.

Bob

"Look for a number stamped on the engine case, just below the bottom cooling fin of the cylinder, on the ignition side of the motor."

The first number is the year -> 3 = 1973

The next two numbers designate the engine size -> 51 = 125, 52 = 175, 54 = 250, 55 = 400.

Keep looking  :)

Bob

MonkeyBoy

Engine number located!!!  7-5413793  Thanks for your time and responses.